• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bentley SUV

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Pulled into the gas station at COSTCO today and spotted this! A Bentley SUV. I honestly didn't even know Bentley made an SUV. I felt somewhat humbled in my Hyundai Santa Fe. What's the world coming to? :cool:

Bentley_SUV.jpg

Cost? Just a cool $250,000 (give or take depending on options). This try to explain why:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Ecclesiastes 1

:wink:

:thumbsup: It used to be that these brands had a cachet - "for the discerning buyer who appreciated the uniqueness of a Bentley/ Maserati/ Jaguar/ Cadillac/ Lincoln." Now it feels like "we have to jump on the SUV bandwagon. Not quite a parallel but I see more and more Lincoln SUV limos as the Town Cars move out of service.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
But,like it or not,that's where the money is nowadays.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Next thing you know,Porsche will be making SUVs.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I am, and have been for many years, firmly disappointed in these luxury brands that have started building station wagons. I look at what these companies (Bentley, Cadillac, Lincoln, and Jaguar, Maserati, Porsche) were and what they have become, and it depresses me. Greater market share means that each has given up what made the marques special in the past.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I am, and have been for many years, firmly disappointed in these luxury brands that have started building station wagons. I look at what these companies (Bentley, Cadillac, Lincoln, and Jaguar, Maserati, Porsche) were and what they have become, and it depresses me. Greater market share means that each has given up what made the marques special in the past.

Kinda like a fine 5-star French restaurant serving green chili cheese burgers.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Ah, you see that is not an SUV, it is a shooting-brake. If you really understand these sorts of things, it is easier to accept. :peaceful:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Kinda like a fine 5-star French restaurant serving green chili cheese burgers.

Exactly. If I want a good green chili cheeseburger I will take myself to the Owl, if I want French food I will go to the Gilded Truffle.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
"You've got your Truffles,I've got mine".
Wait - that'd make a great song....

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
JP, how about a fine French restaurant opening up a drive through?