• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bentley

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I suspect this would be a money pit - hasn't moved in quite some time - likewise the Volvo & Porsche parked in front.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Buy it,& have it towed to your driveway.Don't ever drive it.
Impress your neighbors!

- Doug

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
My neighbor down the street has one of those (about that year too). I don't know him but I see the car in regular use, so I'd guess it's pretty reliable.

Those and the related RRs aren't really that valuable these days (but no, I'm not tempted).

We have a Bentley dealer in our area, so I see a fair amount of the new ones too. They look like Chrysler 300s! :laugh:

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
aeronca65t said:
My neighbor down the street has one of those (about that year too). I don't know him but I see the car in regular use, so I'd guess it's pretty reliable.

Those and the related RRs aren't really that valuable these days (but no, I'm not tempted).

We have a Bentley dealer in our area, so I see a fair amount of the new ones too. They look like Chrysler 300s! :laugh:

yes they do, too much, and no, I'm not tempted either. About a year ago was an old (early 50's) ratty Bentley on Kijiji - would have made an awesome rat rod! For that I was tempted!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Definitely a money pit. Likely that's why it's parked now. I'm pullin my Bimmer out of mothballs right now and it's suckin the dough pretty fast. battery, rack and pinion, water pump.....

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ben,

Used cars cost money?Ask me how I know.

- Doug

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
AngliaGT said:
Ben,

- Doug
:yesnod: no one ever sold a car because it was running too well.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
AngliaGT said:
Ben,

- Doug
Wouldn't have anything to do with a 96 Corolla with a $3000 estimate for repairs would it?

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Ten years ago a friend of mine was replacing his old beater (80's Nissan Stanza), at the time he owns (still owns) a 1967 Fiat 850 Spider (glass headlight covers!)

He found a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">great</span></span> deal on a 1980's BMW 740i, I told him that he should just get a basic family car (ie. Toyota, Nissan, etc...) because I just knew the BMW would be a money pit and probably unreliable, but he just had to get the BMW... He rarely drives in the first place and that car cost him way too much money, especially considering the fact that he's basically on a fixed income... Needless to say, the BMW is long gone, I think sold for less than he purchased it for plus all the repair bills he racked up... The Fiat 850 is still going strong

Yeah... This Bentley looks like a huge money pit... :yesnod: