• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Bentley CEO

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Yeah, I know, it's now German, but since they control the Bentley heritage operations... These get sent to me automatically, so I thought I'd share with you all.

Bentley Motors, Inc. appoints new chief executive officer

Detroit, 15th October 2004... Bentley Motors, Inc. has announced the appointment of Andrew Stuart as chief executive officer, effective October 15, 2004.

Mr. Stuart comes to Bentley Motors with extensive experience in many areas of the motor industry, including retail sales, after sales service, vehicle leasing and finance.

Born in Canada, Andrew Stuart has traveled extensively, and held a number of senior posts within the Volkswagen of America organization.

Mr. Stuart said: "From cold winter nights clearing snow off the car lot; to understanding the views of fellow workers from different cultures, I have had great opportunities to see many facets of the automobile business."

Beginning his career as a retail salesperson in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Mr. Stuart took management roles within the Volkswagen operations in Canada, and then moved to a regional management role in the Pacific Northwest. In this role he managed sales, marketing and after sales activities. He also spent a year traveling the world as a participant in the Volkswagen Group Junior Executive Program and completed an MBA at the University of Oregon.

In 2001 he relocated to Michigan where he was given responsibility for marketing at VW Credit, Inc. In this role, Mr. Stuart effectively managed the development and implementation of growth plans for Volkswagen Credit and Audi Financial Services; while working closely with the Volkswagen and Audi brand teams to maximize retail, lease and commercial business within Canada and the United States.

Mr. Stuart says his wide range of experiences in the North American automotive industry to date have served as excellent preparation for him to carry the Bentley flag forward.

"The great results which my predecessor Alasdair Stewart and his team achieved, has set a very high standard which I am eager to build upon. The Bentley marque is enjoying outstanding prominence, thanks to those efforts, and I think this is an exciting time to join the company. We have a number of great products in the wings, an invigorated dealer body, and wonderful potential to realize. I am sincerely delighted to be asked to take on the leadership of this great company at this time in its development.", said Mr. Stuart.

-ends-

John Crawford, Public Relations Director, The Americas
Tel: +1 248 754 6456
email: john.crawford@bentley-usa.com

Annette Koch, Public Relations Manager USA, The Americas
Tel: +1 248 754 6039
email: annette.koch@bentley-usa.com