• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Tr3 frame work finally

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
JP, I see your photos are sideways and upside down, I had the same problem if you are using an iPhone and you take a horizontal shot the volume buttons need to be at the top and if you hold the phone upright the lens needs to be at the top. This website is Windows based and won't orientate the pictures from an Apple device so if you hold the phone upside down that is how the picture will come out on here.

Graham

It’s pretty easy to edit an IPhone picture. Select picture, select edit and flip it to where you want it.

Graham H

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
If you download your iPhone pictures to a iMac they will always be right way up so no need to edit but if you download to this forum from your iMac if you didn't have the phone the right way up they will be all over the place. I think there is a windows app that you can edit the photos but I couldn't download it to my iMac so best to keep the iPhone the right way up.

Graham

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yeah i have forgot to rotate a few, lack of skill. I have rotated and saved the images in the phone then reloaded and that seems to fix it. I sometimes post after the work is done and i am enjoying a relaxing beverage so......

If you download your iPhone pictures to a iMac they will always be right way up so no need to edit but if you download to this forum from your iMac if you didn't have the phone the right way up they will be all over the place. I think there is a windows app that you can edit the photos but I couldn't download it to my iMac so best to keep the iPhone the right way up.

Graham

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
So daily driver maintenance and new roof on the house and a few other life issues took first place. I also took the time to take an old computer and rebuild for shop usage. I have all the PDF files on it for reference. So i started making a spreadsheet of parts that i have ordered and what needs repair and etc.
bBF1F2z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well as i was going through the parts i grab things i think wont consume a bunch of time to do. Sometimes i am right and other times not so right. Here is an example or on of those items. I had a bag with the interior sidescreen door brackets and they were quite rusty. I put them a bath to rust convert them and they came out like this.
i2OBsTS.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A quick rinse of water, some light sanding, wire brushing, a coat of primer, two coats of cadmium paint, a coat of clear and you get the picture......it took a lot longer than i thought,
But now i have one more item ready to go back on the car......just need to hunt down the correct screws.

UAsi7wd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I will get back to the frame soon but i like to stay busy doing something when i get time. I honestly and kind of waiting to get finished with the Covid thing so i can take the frame by for cleaning or blasting. I did find the bushing kit for the front end so looking forward to figuring out where it all goes. I did have a question about reaming the bush for the a arms? How do you know what size to use?? Need to give the trunnions a inspection.

Graham H

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I used an adjustable reamer, just take a little at a time to get a good fit. If you still have the rubber gaskets for the tail lights keep the originals and clean them up, the new replacements will be perished before you get the TR back on the road.

Graham

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
See, you did take a before picture :rolleye:

Cheers
Tush

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Which ones are we talking about??

I used an adjustable reamer, just take a little at a time to get a good fit. If you still have the rubber gaskets for the tail lights keep the originals and clean them up, the new replacements will be perished before you get the TR back on the road.

Graham

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Actually these were the other two soaking in Evaporust so not a true before picture but close enough.

See, you did take a before picture :rolleye:

Cheers
Tush

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
It's been too long for me to remember, but the trunnion post is an even size...ISTR either 5/8 or 9/16". If nobody else knows for sure, I will dig it out of my toolbox to check. The correct answer is about a couple thousandths larger than the trunnion post that goes through it, so Graham's adjustable reamer would be great, but they cost a good bit more than a standard sized one. I got mine on Ebay for less than $20.

The nature of reamers are such that if you spin them slowly, you get a tight opening. Spin them faster and the opening ends up larger...so you have some control of size with even a standard reamer.

And...glad to see you back to work!!

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks for the information Graham

Graham

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Had to work this past weekend so not much to report. I managed to get in the garage a few hours here and there to finish the other two brackets. I got another box of parts labeled and on the spreadsheet. I got a couple door latches cleaned up some, mind you that I am going for functionality not concourse.
18FC9B6B-1A8A-4CCB-ADCA-008BB7BFEFB0.jpeg

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Cleaned up nicely. I would have kept my originals if they had any chrome left to polish like yours.

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
They look great JP. I have heard rumors the new ones have problems. Plus it is a difficult part to clean because they are crimped together. I use old ones also when I can!

Graham H

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
You are right, one of my new one's poped apart at the crimping, I managed to put it back together but a changed it for one of my originals.

Graham

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Keep going through boxes and finding parts. I now have a box with seals and bearings for the rear end. I pulled out a couple more pieces and painted them.
E7824EAF-46BC-4A3C-BFFD-7167FEC402D4.jpg

7DA84200-D526-496B-ABAE-84F0EA96211D.jpeg

So I know the one piece is the transmission mounting bracket. I think the other piece is the lower cover for the transmission where the flywheel is.

I need to disassemble all the backing plates and brake parts so I can get to breaking down the rear end but probably won’t happen till next weekend. I have a lot of work between now and then

Attachments

• 9BBE3657-CB3B-4F02-B323-E47AA9BD7951.jpeg
    9BBE3657-CB3B-4F02-B323-E47AA9BD7951.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 59

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
You’ll appreciate the work you are putting in now when it comes to reassembly. It all needs to be done regardless !

Cheers
Tush

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Yep...box those pretty part up, and then it's like Christmas getting to unbox them for assembly time!

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Today I switched gears and did a little center console panel work. It started a bit rusty like this
8246B10E-B0DA-4577-8CA0-727A2BD4B69B.jpeg
Stripped and rust converted the back with a black paint
5A1026D7-BAA4-44B5-A933-DFE3CB806220.jpg

Sanded the front clean to prep for wrinkle paint

78960E8B-C91D-48DF-9F0A-C02054A4DDB0.jpeg

Here you go with the finished product. I think it will do fine I may add some satin clear coat over the top after it dries. It has a slight amount of wrinkle and I am ok with that.

9D579B5E-DF30-4EB0-870D-09BB2C27AEB5.jpeg

Got to kill another 36 hour weekend so... see you all soon

Attachments

• C1D041EC-051A-4E07-8DF9-6CCD23C8425B.jpeg
    C1D041EC-051A-4E07-8DF9-6CCD23C8425B.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 66