• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

St Ignace , Michigan car show.

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Atrus said:
I'll look for ya Jer - Red '67?

Yep, Red '67 ... should be "shiny red '67" after tonight :smile: might even treat Midge to a clay bar before waxing...

Hope to see you & few other LBC & BCF people for sure.

OP
J

jim79

It looks like I will not get there until early friday afternoon. I'll be looking for the red 67. I'll be in a 79 red midget, wave if you see me cruise by!
Jim

Atrus

Jedi Warrior
Jim - not sure if you'll get this before heading home, but I think I saw you yesterday in the parade. I'll be heading downtown to the show shortly.

Jer - didn't see ya in the parade, but I may have seen you on Thursday night. I was up on the deck of the Marina Pub, so I didn't have a chance to catch you.
Hopefully I'll catch you both today!

OP
J

jim79

Yep that was me in the parade. My daughter and I were sweating our butts off! The parade was so slow I had to turn on the heater to keep the car from overheating (in 70 degreee plus weather)! I seen Jer cruising and waved. Nice looking midget-love those chrome bumpers versus my rubber ones.Was a great weekend hope to see you guys next year!
Met some guys with a couple of jags and a mgb gt. Alot of nice cars. Managed to pull off a top 40 plaque from spectator voting! I guss the kids love midgets.

P.S. get that front end together for next year!
Jim

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
Did you guys stay dry? Looked green on radar this afternoon.
Jealous. Really wanted to go. Maybe next year.

Atrus

Jedi Warrior
Rained a few hours after the show so I think everyone made it OK.

I got to meet Jer and we talked for a long time. He's a great guy, I was glad to be able to catch him.

Jim - Glad to hear about the plaque! That's great! Jer and I walked over and checked out your '79 - very nice looking vehicle!

If you met the guy in front of ACE Hardware with the green '57 Jag, he was with our group. The '57 Chevy and white Bug in front of the hardware store got some plaques too.

Rest assured I'll be working diligently to get the car back together. No huge projects for a while to ensure I can get it up here next year!

We'll all have to try and make it up next year and line them all up! Mine's totally not show worthy, but hey, it's all in good fun.

OP
J

jim79

I also got to meet Jer after the car show at the big boy. As you previously stated, a very nice guy. I agree next year we should all line up the british cars together (gang up on them).
Jim

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
For the most part we all stayed dry - as soon as cars started pulling out after the show around 5 pm it strted to spit a few drops... got heavier over the evening, then later around 11'ish ? it stopped and the cruising picked up again... except I stayed on the hotel balcony as I had already resorted to plan "B" and was in no condition to be driving :smile:

It was a great weekend, got to talk shop with Kevin during the show & Jim found me in the restaurant and introduced himself - Jim you have a nice car, congrats on placing ! Kevin I hope your backordered parts arrive before next year !!
Great to meet both of you, good stuff ! I have already reserved my hotel for next year, so you know where I'll be parked !

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
not sure how I missed your above posts about the show... at any rate I like the idea about "power in numbers" ... I'm onto the scheme on how to get parking where I was, and then I can offer my hotel front lawn for a rest area for us LBC'rs (also it is private property so a few beers can be had if so desired...) just an idea -
Yes Jim your right we have to stay on Kevin to make sure he doesn't tear anything major apart before the show for next year !! ha ha
Likewise, it was great to meet both of you, LBC'rs are hard to come by in my area.

Atrus

Jedi Warrior
I concur fellas - I've been wanting to get my Sprite up there for 7 years now. No huge (planned) projects next year! Hopefully she'll be riding like she's on rails soon enough and will be all ready to go for next year!

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
Maybe I can make it then too.

sswarin

Country flag
Just returned from St. Ignace....that car show is amazing!!! I was there in my MGB-GT, staying at a friend's condo just north of town. We were glad we had the GT...those rain storms on Saturday and Sunday nights were drenching! But the weather held for the parade and show and everyone seemed to have a good time. It was nice to have some British iron there for a change. But how did a rubber bumper midget get a Top 40 Award and the Jaguar XK-140 get nothing? No offense, but what were those voters drinking? Anyway, I have attached an image of the crowd on Saturday....I don't think we'll ever see this many people at a British Car Show of any marque, so it's good to go to these kinds of events to spread the word that we're still around and our cars can compete with the "57 Chevys and Mopars.

Steve

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
I love the people's choice thing exactly because anything goes. Eye of the beholder and all that. I parked next to two different Jags at a cruise in last Sat and my little Midget got as many lookers as the Jags, I don't know why either!
This is a beautiful car....
jaguar-xk-140-pictures.jpg

Atrus

Jedi Warrior
sswarin said:
Just returned from St. Ignace....that car show is amazing!!! I was there in my MGB-GT, staying at a friend's condo just north of town. We were glad we had the GT...those rain storms on Saturday and Sunday nights were drenching! But the weather held for the parade and show and everyone seemed to have a good time. It was nice to have some British iron there for a change. But how did a rubber bumper midget get a Top 40 Award and the Jaguar XK-140 get nothing? No offense, but what were those voters drinking? Anyway, I have attached an image of the crowd on Saturday....I don't think we'll ever see this many people at a British Car Show of any marque, so it's good to go to these kinds of events to spread the word that we're still around and our cars can compete with the "57 Chevys and Mopars.

Steve

Steve - I'm Reggie's "nephew-in-law", Kevin.

I still can't believe the Jag didn't get anything, people were stopping by every couple of seconds to take a pic and comment on it!

OP
J

jim79

I understand your disbelief , heck I told my father you got to be crapping me when they announced my name/car. All I can say is that some people voted and other people didn't so maybe the people taking pics of the jag didn't vote or else voted for another car? We don't get any respect as british car owners so I'm used to it and you should be too. I told Jer that I saw a beautiful green jag at the hotel and explained how nice it was so I mean no disrespect. I went to the car show to have fun, meet new friends, get some cool dash plaques , and shove the british banner in the middle of muscle car heaven. I didnt even know about the top 40 award.
When it becomes more important to win than to experience, I'll find another hobby.
Peace,
Jim

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My friend that joined me last year emailed me yesterday to point out that St.Ignace 2010 is only 132 days away ! ha ha, she's a little excited.

We had some LBC representation last year, lets get some more this year ! It was a great time !

My hotel reservation was renewed last year & my vacation day has been approved, now hopefully tax return is good to me & I can replace the wiper posts/gaskets & improve my fuel press regulator for the season.

Kevin - get your front suspension back together !! ;-)

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker