• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rebirth of the B

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Re: Last week of the B

Just got the word from the painter. Doors hood and trunk are front bumper are DONE. Rest of the car is going to be cleared a second time and buffed out and will be picked up monday. This is worse than xmass eve as a kid.

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

Almost there. The body is waiting for final sanding and buffing and then I can bring it home Monday afternoon. Pictures do not do it justice especially after its been sanded and buffed.

DSCF0149.JPG

DSCF0151.JPG

DSCF0154.JPG

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Love the color!!
Looks great, Stewart.

78MGB

Jedi Hopeful

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Knew it was going to look good, but had no idea it was going to LOOK THIS GOOD!!! Do not think I can wait for the completion now.

Appreciate you sharing this project with us.

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

It's moving along. It MAY be started up late Wednesday if no unforseen problems pop up definatly on Thursday. Interior is moving right along and should be finished tomarrow. I'm going to try to get some pictures in the sun tomarrow.

DSCF0167.JPG

DSCF0170.JPG

DSCF0171.JPG

DSCF0174.JPG

mrstinson

If you do not mind me asking, how much was that awesome paint job?

Great looking car. A definite inspiration to newbie restorers like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

G

I know some one already said this, but, I love that color!

Gary

adam70

Jedi Hopeful

that color just POPS stewart. I may have to look into this when I get to that point for my midget (i.e. about 4 years from know, piece by piece) but I that looks so good. I was just gonna stick with white, but that is such a good look, I can't wait to see it all put together.

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

The paint job was 2500 from where we stoped working on it. It's really close to being a runner again and hopefully it will start today.

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

It’s alive It’s alive! After some resistance that had to be overcome with a sharp blow to the starter she started right up. Run’s great. Every start has been within the first or second crank on the engine and she settles right into a steady idle. It is amazing how much different the engine runs now that the cam has been replace which I am now convinced was the cause of the problems trying to get the ZS tuned. The interior is about 95% finished as all that is left is the cockpit trim strip which I am not looking forward to doing. The rest of the car is pretty close and needs only the hydraulics blown out and then filled and bled and the drive shaft hooked up and a good going over and she should be ready to roll under her own power.

I’m still waiting for the bumpers to be painted which is the last major thing needing to be done and the window hardware still needs to be installed in the doors. Once the brakes and clutch are bled the bonnet will be installed.

Unfortunately I had to head back to school and left the B behind as I think it would be rather cruel to expose it to the ND elements. I needed one more day and other than the bumpers she would have been done and ready for the road. So I now have to wait a few months before I can take that first spin. She may be on the road before that as my garage monkey/ friend who helped me out considerable for the rebuild including the use of his garage and tools may take it out for a spin or two and has promised to taunt me with pictures.

MGB.jpg

John Moore

Luke Skywalker

wow! That looks great man! I need to catch up!

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight

Great Job, Stewart! I hope this thread is archived for all time, as it has been a great chronical of the rebirth!

But one more suggestion...update your signature! You earned it!

Bruce /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

Here we go again. Got back to work on her yesterday. Finished up the interior and installed the wing windows and door hardware. I just need to fit the speakers in the door panels and then install the new stereo that should be it for the interior. Hopefully this weekend will see the trunk finished up and and possible the suspension work started.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Man-oh-man-oh-man!

LLAngus

Jedi Knight

What did you use to paint the headers and what color is that? I want to do the same when I replace the head gasket. Check will be mailed Monday, tony.

RTR52nd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag

Hey Stewart -
Absolutely beautiful! I've been following the progress as it occured, but just went back and read the entire thread. All the time and financial hemorrhaging will definitely be worth it. It's truly an inspiration for those of us in the early, early stages of our first restoration. Thanks for continuing to share!
Oh - there'a a great shot of the back end of the car from the middle of July, and dead front and center in the frame is a nice cold bottle of beer - Sam Adams, it looks like. An important tool in any restorers toolbox! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Beautiful, Stewart. Simply beautiful. Did my first B in a silver poly "back-when" and considered it for this latest one, but it would have involved too much for me with the limited facilities here. Went Old English white as original. Your car is striking.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

And another new LBC hits the road.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag

I believe those are Peco headers... they come pre-parinted red...

The car is looking good Stewart... keep up the good work!