• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pushrods not rotating

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
What are some of the reasons this would happen on a newly rebuilt engine? FYI, the valve lash is properly set, and the pushrods, rockers, and lifters are all new.

trfourtune

Jedi Knight
Hi,
I can think of 2 possiblilities:
1. something is binding(probably not)
2. the cam and lifters are not ground properly.
the lifters need the correct radius on the end which needs to match the cam grind properly. The end of the lifters have a radius that is not easily visible. Talk to the cam supplier to check what this should be and verify the end of the lifter. My cam supplier requires between 80-100 inch radius on the lifter.Put a straight edge across the end of the lifter and check for light passing under the ends. We are NOT talking about any kind of edge chamfer-there should be almost none depending on the cam. Also try more revs in the engine when inspecting to make sure.
keep us posted
Rob

D

Deleted member 8987

Another cause can very well be the socket on the top end and the ball adjuster.
If too tight or burred, won't rotate.
Rotation is, as stated, caused by radius on end of lifter, and it is not positive.
It's a faint effect, kinda like waving the Vermouth lid over your Martini.
Find a rod that is loose, i.e. valve fully closed with "rattle" in the rocker, see how much tension it takes to rotate the rod.

Did you oil the socket end before assembly?

It should break in if just a tad too tight.