• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pet peeves - we all have them

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When someone calls my car "cute" I use the line I heard on Top Gear:
"if my TR6 used the bathroom, it would leave the seat up" :excitement:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
From daughter - People who say "No Problem" when you thank them.
Cashing out of a store and the register tape runs out and the clerk can't thread the new roll through.
"Store manager to register Three" Oh, oh.
You eat $27 worth of food and hand the waiter a $50 bill and he asks you if you want change.
And from me - Men who take a huge dump, etc. and leave it for the next guy to flush down. Disgusting.
Preboarding an airplane.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
At work, men who don't fully shake things off before stepping away from the urinal, with the result being you have to stand on a yucky wet floor to use the urinal.

Lol. Barefoot?

Hahaha. I did. Amongst several comments in other people's posts. :devilgrin:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Kenny hijacked my post about being gone for awhile, so if you want to know where he has been (the middle of nowhere) search there.

That's one of em. Sorry for the hijack Walter. :eek:
I actually intended for my "What's For Dinner?" post to be my reintroduction... as that was my regular weekly post here.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Great post. After reading it and I did, I've come to the conclusion that it's the "all about me" attitude that is the catalyst for this bad behavior.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The term "baby carrots". As far as I know carrots don't have babies. Of course when I close the fridge, I have no idea what goes on inside.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Ok mine?
call it what is.
cars that have idiot light on the dash and it's called GEN
AND IT DOESNT HAVE ONE !

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
People who carry unsecured or inadequately secured loads in the back of a truck or on a trailer or on top of a vehicle.

I have had numerous close calls over the years where I've had to react quickly to avoid disaster! For example once, while driving my Vett through Memphis on way home from Huntsville, a ladder came off the top of a van and I had to swing hard left to keep from having it come through my windshield. It was a reflex action and I was lucky there was no one to my left at that instant.

Another more recent incident occurred on I-40 near my house. One morning, on my way to work, a very large piece of plywood came off a trailer in front of me and came flying towards my car! Again, reflexes kicked in to avoided being hit. Luckily I am in the habit of not tailgating or I'd never have avoided it.

A good friend and a guy I used to work with lost his wife to a similar incident. Andy's wife was north-bound on I-25 between Colorado Springs and Denver when something came out of a truck in front of her. She reflexively jerked the wheel to avoid being hit. Unfortunately, her SUV rolled and she was killed. The thing that came off the truck was a large piece of styrofoam that would have done nothing had it hit her SUV.

Moral of the story: If you are hauling anything - SECURE YOUR LOAD!

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
People who say "these ones" and "those ones". Like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Also people who say "warsh" instead of "wash".

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Also people who say "warsh" instead of "wash".

Guilty. But in my defense, I grew up in West-by-God-Virginia and heard "warsh cloth and "warsh-ington DC" and "Crick" instead of Creek all my young life. It's a regional thing (thang)