• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pet peeves - we all have them

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I went to buy a Civic a while back 1 mile from home, I say "hi I'm Richard," salesman says "good to meet you Dick."
I drove down to Iowa City and bought one an hour later. He probably has a jet ski.

number6

Jedi Trainee
I am annoyed at people who refuse to look left or right when crossing the road. They all have that look and attitude that says
Hit Me! I see very young kids just waltz across with I phones, not a care in the world. I seem to remember growing up with my
parents pounding that point home.

Country flag
Those who aren't paying attention and run into you and then state YOU should be watching where you're going. Drivers of large vans and trucks who pull up next to you while you're waiting to turn right and block the line of sight, even though they see over you. I've pulled further forward, and so do they like it's some sort of game.

Saw some lady over the weekend pull up in front of my home and when she saw me moved a few doors down. Let her dog out of the car, it went and did it's business, hopped back in and off they went. Finding beer cans and cigarette butts dumped in the yard where someone late at night decided to clean out the car. And one morning a pile of old tires in the street with a sign that said "Don't worry, they're free for you guys". Least I don't have a home owners association to nitpick the color of the house and landscaping...

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Two comments. To Nutmeg CT - I always wear my old aircraft earphones when cutting the grass on my lawn tractor. I already have a 35% hearing reduction in my right ear thanks to an airboat ride years ago where the crappy plug of cotton they gave you fell out during the ride and I didn't notice it until the ride was over. I was stone deaf in my right ear for 26 hours. I also put them on when vacuuming (which I rarely do).
To Mike Phillips - I live on a well-traveled road and constantly find bottles and can out near the curb.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Two comments. To Nutmeg CT - I always wear my old aircraft earphones when cutting the grass on my lawn tractor. I already have a 35% hearing reduction in my right ear thanks to an airboat ride years ago where the crappy plug of cotton they gave you fell out during the ride and I didn't notice it until the ride was over. I was stone deaf in my right ear for 26 hours.
I think Tom's comment about earplugs was that if the boy being pulled behind got into trouble, the father wouldn't know anything until he was sprayed with red.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Just saw this, get a pad made for those who are parking challenged:
parking.jpg
assuming none of us would take two spots for our LBC.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Taking up two spaces is always rude but I guess it's not a capital offence if it's way out in the boonies of completely uncrowded parking lot. Doing it up front or in a crowded lot minimally rates a flogging.

Special mention goes to the Moron who parked his Camaro across two spaces at a Cars&Coffee with limited available parking, because, you know... those guys on either side of him with the Countach and Delorean might open their doors into him.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Along the lines of "irregardless":

"Went missing" Why can't you just say "are missing"?
"Early on" Shouldn't it be "earlier on"? After all, you don't say, "late on".

And one of the worst: "You and I" when it should be "you and me". Whenever the pronouns are objects, they should be third person, "you and me", not first person. As in "John invited you and I to dinner."

But then, I've always been picky when it comes to grammar.

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
When someone asks me if I know the time, I look at my watch and say yes.

Country flag
You show up on time for a doctor appointment and they make you wait 30-45-60 minutes or more BUT if YOU show up fifteen minutes late, you have to schedule another appointment and the first available is 6 months out.
There, their, they're
Orientated - I looked this one up, it is a word but I think it became a word because it is so widely used it's become accepted.
The car 5 cars back that starts honking the SECOND the light goes green.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Work nerds.

My plate is full but lets take it offline where our challenge is to think outside the box and take it to the next level not comparing apples to oranges but where the rubber meets the road and at the end of the day we'll get the most bang for the buck. Awesome meeting team!

I really do not miss work.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Work nerds.

My plate is full but lets take it offline where our challenge is to think outside the box and take it to the next level not comparing apples to oranges but where the rubber meets the road and at the end of the day we'll get the most bang for the buck. Awesome meeting team!

Thank you, Mr. Cliche'!

:devilgrin:
Mickey

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
At the end of the day. I worked with a guy who was always saying this. Why couldn't he get it done at the beginning ot even the middle of the day

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
At the end of the day. I worked with a guy who was always saying this. Why couldn't he get it done at the beginning ot even the middle of the day

That seems to be a favorite of many politicians - of all stripes. I hate that expression!

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
-Holding the door for people, and they don't say thank you.
-people that open a door, see you a few feet away, but don't hold it.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
-grown men that call my Sprite "cute".
-the same people that say they owned one "just like it" years ago.
-people that say "nice mustang" to my 69 yenko clone camaro.