• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Not something you see everyday...

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I car pool to work these days. As a result, I have 2 free hands during my commute every other week. So, I started taking my camera on my "off" weeks. I'd like this thread to be pictures of cars we don't see every day. They don't all have to be beautiful, show quality, or rare. The only requirement i'd like for this thread is the pictures be car related and interesting... for better or for worse :eagerness:

I'll start with a couple I've seen around Los Angeles on my daily commute:

Something you don't see everyday
International-Travelall.jpg

Yes, this guy really did put a Porsche Turbo badge on his Toyota Yaris
P1010609.JPG

Anyone remember Thundercats?
P1010823.JPG

words fail to describe...
IMAG0004.jpg

Last edited:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Love Travelalls! Saw an old Jeep Cherokee yesterday - was from a distance but looked to be in excellent shape, which, given tinworm for both those marques is amazing.

OP
Nunyas

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I saw a nice Thunderbird this morning, but I didn't have my camera with me. With it being dark for the trip home, it seems almost moot to carry my camera to work all the time lately.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Almost bought a four wheel drive Travelall about a year ago, but the look on my wife's face said we had enough binders and I'd have to sleep in it if I bought it.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Almost bought a four wheel drive Travelall about a year ago, but the look on my wife's face said we had enough binders and I'd have to sleep in it if I bought it.

:lol: Walter...

That's a nice looking Travelall in the first photo here, I certainly haven't seen one in ages!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
James you live in the wrong place then, I see a couple on a near daily basis. and know where a few more are hidden away. Of course I do have a nose for binders.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
James you live in the wrong place then, I see a couple on a near daily basis. and know where a few more are hidden away. Of course I do have a nose for binders.

We do have this collection of International trucks about two hours south of Calgary... https://www.southlandit.com/images/stories/pdf/kirkhamcollectionwebversion.pdf I've seen bits and pieces of it at various car shows, but not the whole collection all at once...

And also the Smithson International Truck collection about two hours north of Calgary... https://www.flickr.com/photos/sherlock77/sets/324696/

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yeah I remember the last time you posted the link for the Smithson collection. Makes me want to go to Calgary, maybe I can talk the wife into a trip someday. Maybe I could even talk her into taking the L model.

52 L110 04.jpg

Last edited:

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Yeah I remember the last time you posted the link for the Smithson collection. Makes me want to go to Calgary, maybe I can talk the wife into a trip someday. Maybe I could even talk her into taking the L model.

Nice looking truck, but that Spitfire is a little rough around the edges... :lol: And I'm sure the Kirkham's would gladly show off their collection too (my first link) if you came up here, the family is very friendly...

OP
Nunyas

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
Possibly more common than that Travelall, but Caddies of this era are starting to become less common on the daily commute

caddy.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Rob, I also have a Caddy of the same era, a year or two older though. It is not on the road right now, it is a resto project for my oldest son and I.

James, that was my old 1500 that was my daily driver for several years. I sold it to a friend awhile back after he bought a dog of a MKIII and needed a better one to work on. Between the two he'll have a nice one when he is done.