• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mickey have you lost your mind?

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Mickey, I appreciate the money for the ad for your TR, but just one question: HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!!!??? Why on earth are you selling that gem?

Basil

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I have seen Mickey's TR3, and I agree, it is a beauty. But I think I can understand his reasoning.........remember my post the other day about the lure of something new? Especially if the car that you have is so nice that you are reluctant to use it on a regular basis. And if you have to sell the one to buy the other......well, I can see the reasoning, that's all.

Besides, Mickey is a man of the cloth, so renouncing luxuries (the TR3) and self-flagellation (the TR7) are part of the territory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Mickey, I appreciate the monely for th ad for your TR, but just one question: HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!!!??? Why on earth are you selling that gem?

Basil

[/ QUOTE ]

Why yes, Basil, I think I have (again!). I have enjoyed the TR3, but it's not practical at this stage. Seems like whenever I take it out, I'm much too concerned about "hurting" it, and it's not very practical these days. The TR8 will be more of a cruiser, and will give me more bang for the buck.

Steve: thanks for your "support" (I think!) - as I read your post, I couldn't help remembering Monty Python's monks solemnly marching as they pounded their foreheads with their bibles!

Mickey

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
You are more than welcome......actually I really can understand your reasons for selling the TR3. I fell that way sometimes about the MG, and it's not as nice as your TR.

As for the monks.....yes, that is exactly what I meant, but not what I had in mind when I posted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!!!???Basil

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh fearless leader, we have all lost our collective minds, or we wouldn't be involved with these things in the first place.
I wish I had the bucks right now, as I would jump on Mickeys TR in a heartbeat.
Jeff

G

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like whenever I take it out, I'm much too concerned about "hurting" it,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the reason why my friend sold his 67 Shelby GT500 a few years back. Every time he had the car out he was worried something would ding it, or worse. Turned out driving it was then no fun whatsoever (well, it was a little fun, it was a big block after all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). He didn't like the idea of a very expensive garage queen, so he sold it for a good price and bought a plain old 67 Mustang fastback. He did a mild resto on this car and now happily drives the wheels off it every chance he can get.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks, all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif I feel better now... I think!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif Mickey

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I completely concur with Steves thoughts, the TR7 is complete self-flagellation after giving up the worldly luxury which is a beautiful, nay immaculate TR3. He must be feeling guilty about something.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I completely concur with Steves thoughts, the TR7 is complete self-flagellation after giving up the worldly luxury which is a beautiful, nay immaculate TR3. He must be feeling guilty about something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Walter - First, it's a TR8.

But you nailed one of my reasons - you said "worldly luxury" - exactly part of my point.

No guilt, but a little "post-partum".

Mickey

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Doh! TR8. Well I am out of the running for your TR3 anyway. The missus told, me that even if I sold both my Spitfires, which I offered to do, it would still cost us 10 grand or so, and since the wedding is Saturday, and we have to put the money towards a house, and other more "essential" things, I caved and said ok, I won't buy it. Now I'm sad.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Congrats on the wedding - here's some advice for ya:

Marriage is a three ring circus: an engagement ring, a wedding ring, and suffering

Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif Mickey

Dugger

Now that is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!