• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MG's in NASCAR

G

I came across something the other night and thought I would share. Appears that the last non US corporate make to run NASCAR was MG in 1963. I did a little research and indeed, there was one:

NASCAR MG

Thing didn't do too well- its best effort yielded 12 laps only to sucumb to overheating. Perhaps going up against side oiler 427's, 409's and Max Wedgies gave the poor thing too hard of a run.

I can't find any pic's of the thing at all- nothing in NASCAR's archives.

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Mike Joy who's a big MG Enthusiast (and participates on several other Brit Car forums) has mentioned this before and done some research into it. As far as I know, he hasn't been able to find any photos. Too bad. He has mentnioned it a few times on air tho'. Pretty neat.

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
It depends on the track. When I was a kid the MGs did real good on the local small dirt tracks. People don't know that when the Grand National series (now winston,nextel cup, etc)first started, many of the tracks they raced on were dirt. I remember when they paved Greenville-Pickens speedway and they raced on it before that when it was dirt. I can remember Bobby Isaac, David Pearson, and Richard Petty having one heck of a battle there one night.