• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A I Had a Portrait Done of My Car

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
An artist in Warsaw, Poland contacted me via PM through the Porsche 991 section of 6SpeedOnline offering to draw my car. The samples of his work looked amazing and his websites were full of great drawings of iconic cars so I immediately took him up on his offer. But instead of doing my Porsche (or my TR3A), I emailed him pics of my Austin-Healey. Within hours of receiving my deposit via PayPal he started sending me interim views of his work in progress and this past Monday, only a few days after the whole process began, he sent me a pic of the final artwork which is now in the mail heading to Miami. Thought I'd share it here because it's simply spectacular, IMO. It's done entirely by hand using colored pencils & markers. No computer use at all so that makes it all the more interesting. If you agree and are interested in having your car drawn, prices range from $150 - $300, depending on size. PM me and I can give you his email address.

Attachments

• Healey Drawing.jpg
    Healey Drawing.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 160

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
That is beautiful!!!!! Please p.m. With his info. I showed the drawing to my Wife and she would like to have the TR 250 and the TR 3 done together. Thank you for sharing.
P.S. What happened to you R8? My wife's favorite ride.

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
That is beautiful!!!!! Please p.m. With his info. I showed the drawing to my Wife and she would like to have the TR 250 and the TR 3 done together. Thank you for sharing.
P.S. What happened to you R8? My wife's favorite ride.
He's drawing my former R8 in black, white & gray. I'll post it when it gets finished. The R8 wasn't all that comfortable so nowadays my fun car is a 2014 Porsche Carrera S.
You can email him at przemson1234@vp.pl

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
That really looks good. I've messed with painting cars, but I've only done about ten of them. I do them in watercolors, but it seems to take me forever. I haven't done any in awhile and only did them for my own enjoyment.

Below is one of a TR3 I did about ten years ago. The image measures about 11"x15".

IMG_0347a.JPG

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Art, that is much more than messing around" ... looks great, as does the original work posted.

cheers, Mike

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Art - agree totally with Mike. Yours is a great looking drawing.

Still not convinced about the Polish work - looks very "digital" to me. More like a digitized photograph, and the top/bottom views seem to lose perspective.

Tom

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
IIRC a przemek posted on the BCF several years ago. He was trying to sell art work, claimed he owned a DB9. Wonder if it is the same person. We used to have an area on the BCF for artwork, think it is gone.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
That really looks good. I've messed with painting cars, but I've only done about ten of them. I do them in watercolors, but it seems to take me forever. I haven't done any in awhile and only did them for my own enjoyment.

Below is one of a TR3 I did about ten years ago. The image measures about 11"x15".

View attachment 31546
That's great. I have just started painting. At 67 it's never too late. One of my goals is to learn how to do that "shiny look".
Maybe then I will start doing cars.

RossL

Country flag
it's simply spectacular......................................it's better than "simply".

How much did he charge you?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
IIRC a przemek posted on the BCF several years ago. He was trying to sell art work, claimed he owned a DB9. Wonder if it is the same person. We used to have an area on the BCF for artwork, think it is gone.

This is interesting - an artist in Poland who uses przemek and przemson as ID:

https://przemson.deviantart.com/

Just my two cents.
Tom

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
That's great. I have just started painting. At 67 it's never too late. One of my goals is to learn how to do that "shiny look".
Maybe then I will start doing cars.

Painting is a great hobby. What medium are you now using?? I started off in oils. Remember Bob Ross and his happy little trees? Well, that's how i got started. I have a friend that does watercolors, and he got me started in that medium. At times it very frustrating, but very rewarding. I also don't miss the stink and mess of oils.

As far as getting the shiny look, you just have to use plenty of wax on your picture when your done with it. :glee:

Seriously, shiny is a result of reflections, so you paint what you see. If you notice on the painting I did, most the shiny is a result of the reflections of the building. It's a little hard to see in the photograph, but in the original you can see reflections of the ground along the side of the car, along with trees and bushes a little higher up.

With watercolors, you can also let the medium do most of the work for you as you let it push you in whatever direction it decides too. Then you can come in and just finish it. Below is one of those paintings where the watercolor itself did the painting...of course, every artist somewhere along the line does a self portrait. I still have both of my ears!

IMG_0350.JPGIMG_0351.JPG

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Very nice work Art! You could be the next Rembrant! Look nice with both your ears, now try a self portrait of you in the TR3!