• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi Folks from the Pocono Mtns of PA:

toysrrus

Yoda
I was just talking with "Aeronca65T" and was Very Pleasantly Surprised by the Plane; He or She owns: Had No Clue what aeronca65T stood for: It was suggested that I Introduce Myself and My Toy Car; Hence My Email Address: I have a Real Sweet Un-Restored `66 TR4A-IRS: Old English White / Blk. Int. & Top: Orig. Sticker Window & Documented to Death: I surely will be @ Valley Forge / Moss in Dover, NJ & Wherever else a Show or Beer will be!! Not necessarily in that order!! I would attach a Pic but I have`nt figured that out yet?? Who can help me get a Photo on this Great Forum? Thanx, Russ / Email: toysrrus@localnet.com

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Welcome aboard from the fingerlakes of N.Y. Not too awful far away from you.
If you've never attended, the Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen, in September is an must for any LBC lover. Literally thousands of LBC (that's Little British Cars in case you haven't seen that one yet) and other rare and wonderful vintage, sports, and race cars decend on that little town and make what's gotta be one of the biggest semi-organised car show in the notheast.
Hope to hear more from ya. GLad your here.
Ben "Banjo"

Scott_Hower

Luke Skywalker
Hi from Macungie, PA and welcome.

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Brosky:

Thanx for the Pic info; But I still don`t understand It? Seems You need to be something of a Rocket Scientist to Post a Pic or am I missing something?

Is it Spring Yet? Russ

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There TRDejaVu: What does your `62 TR4 Non illegitimus etc mean?

Brosky: What I`m trying to do is get a Pic put under My User Name (toysrrus) & Just can`t figure It Out??

Thanx to All in Advance for Your Help;

Russ

Twosheds

Darth Vader
No fake sandpaper?

2wrench

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Welcome, Toys.

Thought I'd weigh in from the West Coast and say
hi. I am also a newbie. Haven't tried this posting
picture thing, but I'll tackle it soon.

If you can simplify the hieroglyphics, shoot me a
response.

Dennis

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
Welcome to the forum from a Mid Hudson Valley NY TR6 owner. Waiting fro spring! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

T

TRDejaVu

Hey Russ, Non illegitimus etc is meant to be on a separate line below the year and model of car; it used to be before the new forum format. As to what it means, Google will explain.

Finally fixed it.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Russ,

No it is not spring yet, but it's coming soon!

Go to My Stuff and to My Profile. Down at he the bottom is a place to insert your "AVATAR", which is the picture below you name.

"Upload your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted)

Please note that you must resize the picture to no bigger than 80 X 80 pixels.

From there it will take about a day or so for the moderators to insure that you're clean and you'll be good to go.

Good luck,

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Folks:

Well another day of the White Stuff here in PA: Not bad though; One to Two Inches, So Far: They are saying possibly One to Two more; Not happening this moment:

Thanx to All (Especially Basil) for Assisting in getting My Pic Up and Running! It should be there now & Hope Everyone Enjoys the TR4A-IRS as much as I do!

Regards, Russ

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Dennis & Welcome to the Forum from the Eastcoast:

I`m certain the Weather there is considerably better than it is Here; "Snowing Now"!

Relative to getting Your Pic Uploaded; It`s really quite simple (Once Everyone Helps You)!

Just go to "My Stuff" & then "My Profile": At the Lower portion of the page; You`ll see "Avatar": Upload your "Avatar" (That`s your Pic that you will see under your User Name)& Your "Good to Go"! Be sure that the Size of the Pic is No larger than 80x80 pixels: That`s where I made My Mistake!

Have Fun & Good Luck;

Russ

Twosheds

Darth Vader
toysrrus said:
Be sure that the Size of the Pic is No larger than 80x80 pixels: That`s where I made My Mistake!

I have never been able to load an Avatar. I can get a photo under the 80 x 80 pixel limit no problem, but the file size is always too big! No matter how low I make the DPI, the file is still over the limit. I can make the photo so pixely it looks like a blur, but the file size is too big.

I wonder if Photoshop has a minimum limit on the file size a photo can be?

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Frank: What a Sweet Looking TR250! Will You be at King of Prussia in July? I believe I surely will be! Lets look ea. other up:

Hey Twosheds: Basil will probably Hate Me for this but I was having similar Problems as Yourself! Contact Basil & Perhaps He can Assist You in getting your "Avatar"!!

We ended up with about 2" of the White Stuff & The Good News is No Ice! Bal. of wk. is supposed to be in the 40-45deg Area & Wet!

See Ya All Later;

Russ

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] I have never been able to load an Avatar. I can get a photo under the 80 x 80 pixel limit no problem, but the file size is always too big! No matter how low I make the DPI, the file is still over the limit. I can make the photo so pixely it looks like a blur, but the file size is too big. [/QUOTE]

If you are running Windows XP, go to where the image is that you want to resize. Right click it and select "Resize Pictures" from the drop down box. Select "Custom" and fill in 80 X 80 for the sizes. It will create the new picture with the same name and (Custom) after the name before .jpg.

No "Resize Pictures" option?

Go here to get it and install and you'll be good to go. Best option M/S ever came up with. Scroll down to "Image Resizer" on the right and click on the link to download. Then run the .exe installation.

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

T

TRDejaVu

How do you load a picture so that it displays in the body of the Post like Frank's above, rather than just as an attachment? I'm sure that it's easy, but I'm not feeling too bright at the moment; probably inhaling too many paint fumes doing my fenders.