• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any XK120 folks close to Alabama

Country flag
Bought a 51 XK120 FHC last week. Any 120 fans here on the forum. I may need some help with this one. Disassembled car. Missing a few parts.

Marv

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Marv,
I own a replica of an XK120,OTC. I have had it for over four years and it still is not even started to be assembled. I'm doing a lot of research on how to make it appear authentic as possible. I own several guides to authenticity and other reference materials. I have also been collecting parts from original XKs to use on it. One thing you will find, is that many differences appear in restorations, based on who is asked about what is correct. Even the fact that the replica is fiberglass does not preclude it from being an authentic recreation. It turns out that back in the early years, there was one that raced regularly in southern California. Hopefully, if you have any questions I can help with what is correct and what is not. I might even be able to scan photos of material I have. I also own several historical books about the development of the XK series of cars.

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
Steve, thanks for the reply. Do you have a source for parts? I am missing a few items. I was thinking of buying a couple of books. Which book do you like the most.

Marv

Healeysince59

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I am restoring an early 120 OTS. My preferred supplier is SNG Barratt (www,sngbarratt.com)in New Hampshire and they have a great catalog. I also get some stuff from XKs Unlimited. Bill Bassett (www.bassettjaguar.com) is probably the best/most knowledgeable XK guy in the US. In the UK, Guy Broad has almost everything you might want. Jorge in Tijuana has a lot of parts and sells on eBay.

If you want my personal (opinionated) opinion of any of these guys, send me a PM.

Marv J (the other Marv)

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
Marv J,
Thanks for info. I bought my interior for the XKE I have from SNG Barratt several years ago. Will probably contact them again for a catalog.

Marv

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I have to agree, SNG Barrat seems to have the most items I need, but I'm not ready to buy, just yet. Once I find a chassis, I'll know what I want to do. Right now I just wish I could sell it, but I've been in preliminary discussions with a potential buyer for my company, which would change my financial situation.

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
What are you missing? I have a few XK fanatic friends that hoard, buy sell and trade parts. They might be of some assistance.

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
Jesse
That would be great. Right now from what I know, I'm missing the brake and clutch pedals. The door latches and hood latch. PO is suppose to look again for he pieces but I'm not holding my breath. Any help is greatly appreciated

Marv

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
jessebogan said:
What are you missing? I have a few XK fanatic friends that hoard, buy sell and trade parts. They might be of some assistance.

Don't know if you were addressing me or not but I would love to get a pair of early XK120 indicator lamp housings. They are the teardrop shaped chrome pieces that sit on the top front fenders. Not looking for concourse condition, just something I can use.