• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

editor reid M.I.A

dear sir,if i may,we all congratulate you on your most splendid coverage of the B.J. auction, we are also curious to learn of your most recent endeavors,having time now to have checked out all of the written verbage and your hanging participle,WHATS UP?.can we help?we miss you, hope all is well!anthony7777 1963 bj7 3000 M.K.II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gifthanks for not sending me to "detention" concerning "thank you B.J."comments.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
dear sir,if i may,we all congratulate you on your most splendid coverage of the B.J. auction, we are also curious to learn of your most recent endeavors, having time now to have checked out all of the written verbage and your hanging participle, WHATS UP?. can we help? we miss you, hope all is well! anthony7777 1963 bj7 3000 M.K.II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gifthanks for not sending me to "detention" concerning "thank you B.J."comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi anthony7777,

Thanks. I'm still right here, reading/monitoring/"moderating" (mostly behind the scenes, and not that much) this board.

My latest endeavors have been nursing a nasty cold, getting the March issue of Healey Marque organized/edited/designed and ready to print, helping a friend set up a new hydraulic lift in his shop all-day yesterday (NOW I can get busy polishing the underside of my cars too), setting up rallies here in the Portland area (I'm a rallyist/rallymaster), attending a Triumph club meeting last night (just stumbled upon it), showing a friend's Healey that is for sale, etc., etc.

Additions to my blog have been a little slow these days for these reasons. I have been looking into the sale of the Healey name and I need to call the Managing Director of HFI (from whom I have received an email response to my initial inquiry) for some details. If I get any juicy details, I'll post them on my blog.

Kurt Tanner called yesterday and I'm going to send him some photos of my gold BJ8, which, if he buys it, might well be seen in the B-J Auction next year.

That's about it. Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a house, which is a painful exercise since (a) I am not a multi-millionaire, and (b) I'd like something with a shop or at least a real big garage, and (c) real estate prices in the Portland area are all kinds of crazy.

By the way, I regretted not answering John Loftus's comment in an old thread about how, as moderator, I would have my hands full with you if I was going to correct capitalization, among other things. I wanted to tell him -- and so will here now tell him -- that anthony7777 gets an exemption since he is a poet! Your observation about a Healey with a bad-quality rocker repair making it look like a gazelle with a broken leg is timeless.

So that's what's new with me. Nice to be missed, even if I'm still here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Big mouth! now see what you done gone and did.---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well I hadn't thought about it that way Reid but its probably true.---Keoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
A
editor reid,sorry to hear youve got nothing to do!know what ya mean about the cold,just finished my antibiotics yesterday,seems the colds linger on alot longer then they did in the past,maybe my age or tougher strains,good to hear from ya,cant wait till next issue,get well stay well! catch ya on the blog,/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif