• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Doug Reid services

Country flag
Services were held in Frederick, Maryland yesterday for Doug Reid. In attendance were a mixed group of family and Austin Healey enthusiasts. For those of you who knew Doug, I thought I would post an excerpt from the biography given at the services.

Douglas C. Reid
July 11, 1952 to January 17, 2014

Doug Reid died unexpectedly in Philadelphia on January 17, 2014. He was born July 11th, 1952 in Baltimore, the second of four sons born to Dr. Thomas and Barbara Reid. Doug grew up in the Frederick area and attended McDonogh School near Baltimore until his graduation in 1969. Doug attended John Hopkins University and Belkamp College before graduating from Hood College with a political science degree in 1976. Doug had a life-long love of Austin Healey sports cars and spent the last 40 years restoring Healeys and other Classic British cars, as well as manufacturing customized replacement parts. He was well respected in the Austin Healey community, and his work was well known across the USA and in other countries.

As an aside to all of this, I would like to say that Doug was a great friend, giving with his knowledge, had a great sense of humor and will be missed by all who knew him.

Larry and Pamela Groft
New Market, MD.

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Yes, Doug was Mr. fine spanner. At this time there is no one to take over the production of his products. His massive inventory of Healey parts has already been liquidated.