• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dr. Bill, please read this. It's my apology.

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
This should be in another forum, but wanted to make sure you saw it, so I put it here. And since you're ignoring me, and rightly so, I have to post this publicly, which is fine with me.

I'm sorry for what I said in one of my threads to you, about saying stay out of my threads. I got pretty mad at jeep, and then saw your post, and kind of took it out on you, even though you were trying to be helpful. Please accept my apology. I was wrong I hope we can make amends.

screenprinter

Jedi Trainee
Bravo Webb - This shows you ARE more mature than most young people - You've definitely gained a few notches in my estimation.

And I see you're now an owner - Best of luck - Hope the insurance vampires don't bite you too bad. Anything worth having is worth paying for - Enjoy, and please be careful -

G

[ QUOTE ]
Bravo Webb - This shows you ARE more mature than most young people -

It also seems Webb is more mature than quite a few old people.
Webb did you get the tr ? If so get ready for the ride of your life. Try not to bust your face smileing.
Thats the advice from this crusty old codger.
jv

OP
Webb Sledge

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
I still don't have it quite yet. It's at the shop. We put a new wiper switch in today to replace the broken one, and also took a look at the trailing arm, which may not need replacing after all. However, it may need a new throw out bearing. The one in there now squeels when you push the clutch in. It also may need new engine seals/gaskets, since it's leaking a bit of oil.

BRIAN TOWNE

AH..... and so the process begins. Welcome Webb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif( even though you're NOT old enough!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifBrian

G

If it doesnt leak a little oil it wont be able to mark its territory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
Sort out the bugs one at a time and I'll bet a $10 bill to a stale ginger snap that you will have a reliable classic.
Good luck, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
jv

Bugeye58

Yoda
Webb, you should know that when it stops leaking oil, shut it off, because it's out!
It sounds like the good times are starting to roll.
Good luck,
Jeff

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Web,

Be careful about fixing that oil leak. You could create a future rust problem underneath the car by removing the undercoating effect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kurtis

OP
Webb Sledge

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
I get the feeling a Triumph isn't quite a Triumph if it doesn't leak oil. My high school will probably give me my own parking space so I won't leak oil all over the others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
My high school will probably give me my own parking space so I won't leak oil all over the others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See, the benefits of LBC ownership just never end, do they? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mickey

80spitlizzy

My folk's treat my spitfire just like our family dog....
The dog is not allowed on the couch.
The Spit is not allowed on the driveway.

Either one could spring a leak at a moments notice.

Larry4A

Just completed restoring a 4A and we kept it to original specs by having it leak oil. Can't really say how many hours of fine detailing it took to accomplish this but hey it works the way it should. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
Re: Dr. Bill, please read this. It's my apology.

Wow, Larry. It truly is a restoration to showroom quality.
I'm impressed!!
Did you get the "H" yet?
Jeff

OP
Webb Sledge

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
Steering this post back on subject... Is Dr Bill just ignoring me or what? If he has read this, which I imagine he has, it'd be nice for him to accept my apology or at least make some confirmation that this has been read... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

OP
Webb Sledge

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
I don't think I need to. I gave this post an EXTREMELY obvious title. I have no doubt he's seen it. Now if he'd just un-ignore me for a few minutes and read it...

Mark Beiser

Jedi Warrior
If your high school friends are anything like mine were, you may find your car in places other than where you parked it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Its almost pointless to lock a LBC, and my steering lock didn't work, so my car was always getting rolled to other places as a prank....
At least they didn't superglue the doors shut like they did to some teachers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

OP
Webb Sledge

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
Oh, believe me. I'm scared of my friends. Just the other night our church youth group went to an ice cream and coffee shop, and my friend's car got moved behind the building by my other friends while he wasn't looking, and he flipped out and couldn't find it for quite a while. He deserved it though for leaving the keys in the car while at a youth outing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Re: Dr. Bill, please read this. It's my apology. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dr. Bill