• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

*cries*

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Not to horrible of an offer. Are they going to take your deductable out of that or was the other guy's insurance legit.

I think if rob had the time to wait and had the energy he would have no problem finding another car in the same or much better shape for 4k. The 76-80 cars are not worth as much out there because of the smog laws and a lot of the time you can find people dumping them because of the pain and expence of getting the car through smog especialy if they dont do their own work. 7 of them currently just on craigslist.

Just in craigs list today
66 brg B looks ok but god knows till you see it in person 3500

a 77 for 1500 which might be a good solid project once you get rid of the mini wagon wheels.

OP
Nunyas

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
the other guy's insurance is panning out ok.

Like Stewart pointed out. MGBs stuck in the SMOG testing loop aren't valued as much as the older Bs in Cali.

My B looks MUCH MUCH better in pictures than it does in real life. The most recent ones I did some minor touch ups in GIMP to hide the blemishes in the paint (scratches on the doors, a LARGE chip in the hood, etc). The "average" RB B in my area are currently selling for quite a bit lower than what I've accepted for my car.

I made it clear to my lawyer that I agree to the appraised value of the car, but I need compensation else where because I would have ~never~ sold that B, because I would have never gotten a monetary value that is close to what it is worth to me personally.

OP
Nunyas

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
there's very real pain there... the pain in the muscles is gone, but there's pinched nerves or SOMETHING going on in my neck and upper back that makes regular movement/staying in one position uncomfortable, and the pain is worse now than it was a week ago. It's weird. It's almost getting to be bad enough that I want to take pain killers for it.

swift6

Yoda
Are you buying it back, I remember that the issues you went through just getting the wheels on that one.

OP
Nunyas

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
IF I buy it back it'll be so someone else can part it out (i.e. buy it for someone that wants to buy it for parts, etc.). I do not have the space to keep a car that cannot be driven for an undetermined amount of time.

D

Deleted member 3577

Nunyas said:
I do not have the space to keep a car that cannot be driven for an undetermined amount of time.

I'm sorry...That quote just cracked me up.... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Had to check up top to see what forum I was getting the e-mail response from. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif

RickB

Yoda
Don't make me pull out the pictures of my MGC...
Where there's a will, (or the love of an LBC) there's a way. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
WhatsThatNoise said:
Nunyas said:
I do not have the space to keep a car that cannot be driven for an undetermined amount of time.

I'm sorry...That quote just cracked me up.... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Had to check up top to see what forum I was getting the e-mail response from. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif

LOL!