• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Called MacGregor

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
yesterday and ordered new and better door seals for Miss Agatha. She has now been restored 4 years and I have found a few things that need improvement.

Martin had the correct color even. Kind of a dark red which was orginal for pannels.

First show less than 30 days now. only interior to be vacumed and engine room to be wiped down, we ready down here. How you guys doing.

V

vagt6

Jack, I intalled MacGregor's furflex door seals in my Midget, they fit perfectly and look great.

Spring shows are coming up fast, I've got two in April. Car's looking good, gotta do some detailing. Also, the local car club is having a rally this Saturday, might do that.

Good driving weather's finally here. It's springtime in the Blue Ridge, very beautiful. :yesnod:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
It's above freezing here, so that's a start. Most of the snow is gone from my yard as well, so at least I have a reasonable dream of being able to drive some day.

Need to tweak a few things with the parking brake (minor) and really need new wheels and tires. The real biggie, though, is trying to sort out this persistent exhaust/intake leak. Hasn't been warm enough to work on it yet, but once the warmer weather sets in I'll be back at it.

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
I really like the seals MacGregor sells also. Not only do they look good and seal better that the ones I got from one of the other major companies, but they also stay in place better. And Martin will take all the time you need to answer your questions. When I spoke to him, he was more than happy to send any samples I need. In short, I am very happy with them and him. I will be ordering some seals for my TR6 shortly. Now if it would only stop raining so I could get out for a test drive in my Bugeye....

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
It was 8 F this morning so the cars are still in the garages, however I have friday off & nothing planned for saturday & sunday, so I will be installing the 3 boxes of parts & painting the rostyle rims etc. on the 74' - The weather will be getting warmer here in the next couple weeks & I want the 74' to be ready for driving, think it will be the one to go to Midget 50th & since I bought it late last fall I want to get some miles on her to be sure I have the "bug's" worked out before making the trek... The 67' is good except for the noisy gearbox, but I'm sure I can sqeeze a few more seasons before that gets fixed because once the motor is out (to fix gearbox) I will repaint to basillica blue & install side trim as it should be, and hopefully re-do interior... it will be an expensive gearbox repair ! ha ha
Looking forward to some top down miles in both cars this summer !!

scoutll

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Here's how it looked yesterday.. :madder:

Attachments

• 24754.jpg
    24754.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 185
OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh, nasty nasty Bryan. What is that white stuff.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
jlaird said:
Oh, nasty nasty Bryan. What is that white stuff.

despair in solid form Jack, :cryin:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
:lol:

Ya made my day with that one! We got a few more inches this morning, though it should be melted off this weekend. Sure was depressing to see it coming down, though.

scoutll

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'm sure glad it turned Spring last week, or else it woulda been 20 below this morning instead of 5 below... :rolleyes: