• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bye Bye Magnette

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
No, not the 2 in my collection - the parts cars!!

Some of you may know Wray Lemke...he come over here periodically. Today he picked up one of my parts cars, a 1956 ZB Magnette...it just a parts car, the underneath floors, trunk, etc. are gone - & I mean 'gone'! But there's lots there and, since he collects Magnettes, he's gonna dissasemble it, keep what's good & crush the rest.

In a few weeks he's coming back to get my ZB Varitone Magnette parts car...he'll use its body as a donor to replace a rusty Magnette he now drives.

Now, I've got another shed I can tear down!!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh, Tony is building new sheds. Go Tony.

Rik

Jedi Hopeful
Tony,
For every shed torn down, you must put another addition onto the garage. Your garage is a little small for the cars in there. Lets see, you only have about 20 or so in the garage?
Rik

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
20?? Which wing are you talking about.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Rik said:
Tony,
For every shed torn down, you must put another addition onto the garage. Your garage is a little small for the cars in there. Lets see, you only have about 20 or so in the garage?
Rik
hehehe...you read my mind, Rik....new addition starting in the Spring/Summer! I'm gonna move all my tools, workbench, sand blast cabinet, parts cleaner, etc. into it & use it strictly as a place to work on cars.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And just where is this add on going?

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Behind my Midget room on this diagram between the door to my 4-post lift & my lawnmower room:

garagemahal.JPG

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Boy, then you out of easy add on spots.

Oh yea. Lets get some slope on the roof.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
jlaird said:
Boy, then you out of easy add on spots.

Oh yea. Lets get some slope on the roof.
Hey, I did see in this month's <span style="text-decoration: underline">Mother Earth News</span> a neat new solar panel arrangement for metal roofs...I'm thinking I might want to do that for my garage....apparently, the new panels just stick to the metal & are run down to a converter that puts 120V into the panel box!

Country flag
And all I want is a garage 22x26.....Tony I massively dislike you now!! :laugh: LOL

Wray

Country flag
How do you like that? The guy gives me a Magnette parts car and it has a Metropolitan engine in it. Sheesh, the nerve of some people.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
hehehe...glad to see you over here, Wray....so that carb setup in the trunk was MG - you remember, we were wondering about the manifold...wonder if its just got Metro intake, etc......can you see any stampings on the engine?.

Wray

Country flag
Not yet, I still have it on the trailer, need to shift some stuff around before I unload it. Should be a standard B series engine that someone may have modified the oil pump so they could use the whacky ZB oil pan.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I'll guarantee the good ole boy down in Georgia from whom I got it didn't know enough to modify anything! Will be interesting to find out though.

Been raining since you left!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Wray, glad you dropped in th the BCF! Sorry we couldn't make the Charleston show this year. We were in Oklahoma at the time. I see your helping Tony clean out some of his, um, holdings.
happy0001.gif

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
tony barnhill said:
hehehe...you read my mind, Rik....new addition starting in the Spring/Summer! I'm gonna move all my tools, workbench, sand blast cabinet, parts cleaner, etc. into it & use it strictly as a place to work on cars.

And that would mean another hoist? :thumbsup: