• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bugatti Veyron Fastest car in the World?

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Neat video, ugly car, maybe its just going too fast, heh

Tinkerman

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
That Bugatti isn't even lose to the World's Fastest Car...

The honor actually falls to Andy green's 'Thrust SCC' that hit 763.035 mph in the flying mile at Black Rock Desert in Australia in 1997.

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
YankeeTR said:
That Bugatti isn't even lose to the World's Fastest Car...

The honor actually falls to Andy green's 'Thrust SCC' that hit 763.035 mph in the flying mile at Black Rock Desert in Australia in 1997.

Ah, I think the "operative" words are
"p-r-o-d-u-c-t-i-o-n car" /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thankyousign.gif

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
awewsome performance and technology
ugly cay!

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] My apologies to the TVR guys but those things are butt ugly, too. [/QUOTE]

My apologies to YankeeTR, but that is one cool car. To bad they did not make them to US standards. (but then it would be like what happened to the US TR6 and no PI, under powered and heavier). Also a shame they are no longer in production.

Sure would like one, what a hoot driving to the Gray Bears socials and bingo night.

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
TR6oldtimer said:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] My apologies to the TVR guys but those things are butt ugly, too.

My apologies to YankeeTR, but that is one cool car. To bad they did not make them to US standards. (but then it would be like what happened to the US TR6 and no PI, under powered and heavier). Also a shame they are no longer in production.

Sure would like one, what a hoot driving to the Gray Bears socials and bingo night.

[/QUOTE]
I don't doubt the performance of the car but it's got too many quirky styling cues for me. It would look better if it was a little simpler...I think it's one of those designs that, 20 years down the road, people will look at and say "WTF were they thinking?".

It will never be a "timeless classic"....

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]It will never be a "timeless classic"....
[/QUOTE]

I remember when the TR4 replaced the TR3A. The TR3's were not considered classic then. The arguments against the TR4 by the purists was how could they call the four a roadster? It had ROLL UP WINDOWS! The four was a popular car for as long as it lasted, as was the TR6.

When I was young, The MG TC and TD where what we then considered a "timeless classic" and all would have loved to own one.

The TR2-6 cars are now classic in that they are 31-54 years old.

Thirty one years from now so will this TVR, the last to be built in England.

A point of correction, TVR will continue production of this and other TVR's, but in Europe. The new owner of the company is looking to produce the Sagaris for the American market.

So watch out, they are coming

G

A Veyron was recently totaled, someone at work sent me a link with a picture.

Wrecked Bug

There are one or two more pics if you look under new pics, exotics.

Check out this pic from the same site of a wrecked Elise. Is that the burned out hulk of a Jag E-type coupe in the background?

Wrecked Elise

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
Yep, all fixer uppers....