• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Agatha needs a bandage...

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Agatha has a boo-boo. Alas she has a very large ding caused by a flying rock from the tire of a Century Link repair truck. There are radiating lines from the ding and I do believe it will soon be cracks. Anyway after a few choice words, I chased the truck and the driver admitted he was not surprised as he had just exited a gravel road. Anyway it would seem that neither Moss nor British Victoria carry the glass that is currently on Agatha. In the driver's side corner imbedded into the glass is the Austin Healey logo/marque which finicky me would like to have again. So my query is, do any of you know where this glass can be purchased? Moss doesn't think the new replacement glass has any markings at all. We did get the windscreen from Moss when we restored Agatha but that was 10 years ago.

As an f/y/i I was less than happy when it happened but I did calm down and am grateful that if this is the worse thing to happen to Agatha in her travels, we should be very grateful. She is afterall a driver.

I did make a claim with Century Link and did notice Hagerty who assured me that all would be taken care of and then they could handle it with Century Link if indeed Century Link didn't take care of the claim with me directly. I am so grateful to Hagerty for assuring me that there is no deductible and that my rates would not be impacted by a claim. I do think Century Link needs to do the right thing but I am not taking bets on it.

Haven't really been on the forum much of late as life has become exceedingly busy and today was a day that I actually had time to take not only Agatha for a drive but Onslow this morning as well. Driving these LBC's is such a stress-reliever.

OP
judow

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Thank you John. I've just sent off an e-mail to them. Hopefully I will get a positive response.

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Judy,
AH Spares in UK sells a windscreen for BN1/2 but do not know if they have the logo on it you would like. Freight could also be a killer but maybe worth a look. At very least you can place the order with the note you are to be called before shipping and if freight is unreal you can cancel. At least they let me do that but order from them a few times a year so established customer.
Regards,
Mike

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Judy,

Sorry to hear about Agatha's owie! From the summer I spent in Southern AZ it seemed like gravel broken windshields were as common as 100 degree days. Are you sure the AH logo on your windscreen was original? I know the later cars had the "Triplex" logo on them and know the 100 windscreens were made by Triplex as well. You might want to do some more research before you source a replacement (Rich C. your loss is always apparent at times like this) Hagerty always advertises their parts finding service. Could be a good time to tell them what you want and turn them loose on it.

OP
judow

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Mike - I am also in touch with A.H.Spares.
Rick - As to your query about the windscrren being original, the answer would be that it is not. When we restored her ten years ago that is when the glass was put into the windscreen. Even if it isn't original, I like the look of it so do want to replace it with the same if I can. I suspect it came from the U.K. as it carries the logo of British Verified Standard, among other things. I can hope and I do have time as it hasn't started to radiate to a full crack yet.