• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

39th GOF South Sebring Florida list of Events

bluemg

If your planning to attend the GOF South in Sebring in April, You need to register before 3/8. After that time the room rate will go up. For full info visit https://web.tampabay.rr.com/britcars/ Bar B Q Friday night followed by Sock Hop. Display Sat morning then a trip to Jaguar museaum, laps on the Sebring International Raceway, and the banquet in the evening, what a weekend. See ya there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Re: 39th GOF South Sebring Florida list of Event

Just curious, I was looking at your clubs website (very nice) and it looks like since your in Florida, many of your events are in the winter, spring and fall. Other than one event in July, is it too hot to drive MG's in the summer?

Rick

Hi John,

I guess your question is directed at bluemg, but living in Florida, I can also tell you why you see few events in the summer.

You guessed it, a major factor is the heat. But I think the biggest factor is the daily thunderstorms. It's no fun to setup your car, chairs, and etc. in a nice field or lot, only to have a "gullywasher" spring up on you with little notice. Another factor is that many folks, we lovingly refer to as "snowbirds", are not here in the summer months. During the other three seasons, we have a ton of shows, cruise nights and etc. This goes not only for LBC owners, but also other cars such as rods, muscle cars, and etc. I can tell you that I drive my MGB year-round, but on the hot days, the sun is tough on you if your top is down. And, I got caught twice on the interstate with my top down and drove into a downpour. As you know, these tops don't go up very fast and if you're not near an underpass, you'll need wipers for the inside of the windscreen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (ask me, I know).

But, with all that, it really is nice to go cruising in your LBC on a warm Florida summer's evening. And, even better to go for a long drive to Key West on a February day! Hmm.. I think I go do just that. So, I hear the Northeast is getting snow today...

As for the GOF in April, I'll be there and cannot wait to get my car on the track!

A

aerog

[ QUOTE ]
Other than one event in July, is it too hot to drive MG's in the summer?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!! That's why I want a hardtop for my Miata for the summer, and the MGB hardly gets driven (no A/C). Too hot for all-day-driving starts for me around May and mericifully ends around October, otherwise MG and top-down driving is left to early mornings and late evenings when the sun isn't up.

I haven't decided if I'm going to the GOF this year or not - guess I need to make up my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

OP
B

bluemg

John
I recall coming across the state, through Orlando after a September Show, the MGA, the wife and I were cooking. So even into late Sept. it gets hot. The rain is another reason, In the center of the State we get some super thunderstorms, not them ☼☼☼☼-ant monsouns in South Florida, these are hide under your bed with the dog lightning storms.
From late Jan. to June we have the best driving weather, and after Feb. the rain is over until the summer heats up, so everyweekend is a good one for a show. So let the grass grow and the termites eat the house, these two months belong to the LBC.
Hey everyone this years GOF is going to be a good one don't miss it..........see ya in Sebring........
https://web.tampabay.rr.com/britcars/ for more information /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif