• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Morals Question

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
I have a problem. I have posted a engine on ebay and said somthing in my description that it now appears I can't back up. Back in the 90's I had a part time helper working with me. When things were slow we would rebuild stuff to keep busy. Well between the two of us we rebuilt this engine. I had all reciepts,and remember, kinda, doing the job.I have had it stored all this time. Well its now on ebay and I have looked for days for the paper work, no luck.I dont want to cancel the auction, but I can't give precise answers. I also dont want to sell it for used engine money just because I can't find the D**m papers.What would you people do, altho I think I already know the answer.I'm startin to not like doing this stuff anymore.

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I would cancel the sale, repost it, and say exactly what you just said here. If you feedback is good you shouldn't have too much trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

35thbdaytr6

You can either cancel then resubmit, revise with a post below the description, or cancel all bids and revise. If there are no bids and more than 24 hours left, it will allow you to revise existing text.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
You can always get info into an auction by responding to questions and selecting the option of having the Q&A added to the auction text. But that may end up sounding fishy or evasive to someone who doesn't know you.

Not knowing what you said but assuming something like "have all the receipts" you may be better off with a do-over than inserting comments or disclaimers into an existing auction.

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Do the right thing Box... End it and try again. Otherwise you're going to look as fishy as that guy we were just railing about with his imaginary TR3B....

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
After all the questionable eBay auctions you've brought to light here, you have to ask?

Do the right thing... Cancel and re-list.

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
BoxoRocks, I'm a licensed auto appraiser. If the documents don't exist it's not verifiable. 'Recent doc's' showing major parts purchase etc. and photo's are the industry standard for rebuilds. It's business not personal. You could sell to a friend/associate on your word but not to the general public as there is too much fraud out there. Re-list and ask a fair price with an explanation. Good luck. Pat

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I would suggest taking it off the auction. Take another look for those papers during the downtime, they have to be around somewhere, probably somewhere really dumb, then re-list the thing.

OP
B

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
I will end it now. Relist in the future. By the way it sure was a pretty thing.Now that I will be ending the auction, do ya wanna see it? Ebay# 4530188631

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
I would cancel the sale, repost it, and say exactly what you just said here. If you feedback is good you shouldn't have too much trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Honesty is the best policy!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Ok now I'm probably gonna sound like an idiot, but what papers should you have with a rebuilt motor? I have rebuilt a ton of motors and the only recipts I have ever had were from having the machine shop vat the block.

OP
B

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
Thats cuz in OK you guys still trade for wampum, over here we use the Yankee Dollar, and get offical looking paperwork for bad work done so we can pass the buck when Sh**t happens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Oh ok, see over here in OK we also know how to do all the work on our own engines. That way we don't have to rely on someone else decking our heads, or doing our valve jobs, and such. I guess having too many yankee dollars laying around makes you lazy so you just pay others to do your work for ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif