• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tunebug's new house

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Hey Fellas
I'm the one, I bought the Tuenbug! I know some of you guys from the Spritespot and if you're a subscriber to Ray English's Marque One you've seen my name before. First time posting here though, so bear with me while I figure this place out... I'm glad to join this forum since it seems to be the one that gets the most action. I'm more excited to be the new owner of the Tunebug. Since the car is passing from a musician to a maker of musical instruments, the name will remain with the car. I'm gonna try to keep the car active on this forum and on the road...

I want to offer Drew a GALACTIC sized, public THANK YOU! You've been great to deal with.

Steve Cournoyer

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Steve,
Welcome to the forum. When I started dreaming about a Bugeye 5 years ago I came to this site often and read about Tunebug, Whitephrog, Miss Agatha, Ms Triss and more and was convinced that I was making the right choice. After 9 months of ownership and learning all things Bugeye I couldn't be happier with my choice. The people here are some of the most knowledgeable and generous around and as I've found out you can't live without them. Tunebug is a wonderful car and I hope you join us often.
Good luck, Rut

scoutll

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hello, and welcome. Have fun with the Tunebug. It is going to be strange for a little while not seeing it's picture by Drew's name, but it's nice to know it will still be here with you.

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Welcome Steve. You won't find a better forum or people who know the car(s). Questions are (generally) answered quickly and correctly. And, we are civilized.

What musical instruments do you make?

Never mind answering that. I read your profile. I know several fiddle makers in my area.

Country flag
Welcome to the BCF. When is the expected arrival date?

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dumb question, can you make a living making violins?

OP
AN5Sprite

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys. It feels good to be here. The Tunebug is scheduled to arrive at the end of the month. 29th if things go according to plan. All the paperwork/ephemera came in the mail yesterday, so I've got that to look through as I try to pass the time. I'm also faced with my own bittersweet sale situation. I'm going to have to sell my current Bugeye and some other stuff in order to keep my domestic bliss. I'll probably post some '70 Midget parts in the sale section in the very near future.

Steve

OP
AN5Sprite

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
jlaird said:
Dumb question, can you make a living making violins?

Evidently I can...Hard to believe, I know. It is possible that I'm just too stubborn to realize I can't...I don't dwell on that though. I just keep pushing.

Jack, what did you do in the AF? (I'm former AF enlisted)

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Lt.Col., Logistics, 29 years. Then off to Saudi Arabia for 8 years then really retired.

OP
AN5Sprite

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Nice. I did my 4 years as a signals intel analyst and moved on. In hindsight it's easy to see how important those years were for me.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good to see you made it on here, Steve. :savewave:

The Tunebug was loaded up at about midnight last night. Sad to see the little car go, but he's off to a good home.

tb_shipped.jpg

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Notice how small that little feller looks in there? Also look how close together the ramps are.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
What was on the rack on top of the trailer? Steve, welcome! glad you're here I think you'll enjoy it (at least after we've finished heaping guilt on Drew :nopity: (actually the the smilie is for you :smile:

Also googled some of your work - Oh my heavens that is beautiful!!!! I presume you'll become the new woodwork guru.

cheers!

OP
AN5Sprite

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Thanks! My website will be up in the next couple of weeks with lots of current pics. I've got another domain that I've always intended to be Sprite-centric, I just haven't gotten to it. Yet. The next issue of the Marque One (Ray English-Australia) will have an article I wrote about making a steering wheel.

Still finding my way around this site. I need to figure out how to post pics here...

RickB

Yoda
So I recently received my maternal grandfathers violin, it's in need of some repair and I wondered how much it would make sense to spend on it...

Heh - Welcome to the site!!

:jester:

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Good to see the Tunebug has a gearhead home.
As you already know... Get ready for more fun than a barrel of monkeys!
There is just something about those Mk1 Sprites.
:cheers:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
JPSmit said:
What was on the rack on top of the trailer?

Stuff near the end of the trailer was parts for a water slide. There was also a Honda Fit at the front of the trailer, and a huge Mercedes SUV that went in after the Tunebug was settled.