• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A young recruit

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
A lad who plays soccer with my son has just bought himself a Lotus Eclat........a first car!! It needs some work, but all credit to him, he is willing to give it a shot. He is 16, just passed his test. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
He is 16, just passed his test...

That's a good start, but the *real* test will be ownership of said car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
A Lotus at 16!!! Lucky bugger! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Gee, if only we could think of some place he could go to get encouragement and support! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif
Bas

G

Godspeed young lad ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

OP
Steve

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Gee, if only we could think of some place he could go to get encouragement and support! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif
Bas

[/ QUOTE ]

We bumped into him at the British car show near me on Sunday. His dad is registered as a member but doesn't post (despite my nagging) but I have suggested that he registers as a member in his own right....hope he gets on board!

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
No, in the USA.......they are allowed to learn to drive at 15 here. Scary!

[/ QUOTE ]

is that the full license or a learner's one?

Here you can get a learner's one at 14 but need to be accompanied by a fully licensed driver which you can get at 16.

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, in the USA.......they are allowed to learn to drive at 15 here. Scary!

[/ QUOTE ]

is that the full license or a learner's one?

Here you can get a learner's one at 14 but need to be accompanied by a fully licensed driver which you can get at 16.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go. A 16 year old driver telling a 14 year old what to do.

I got my license at 17 and was pretty stupid about how I drived then.