• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 TR 250 valencia blue

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
The TR 250 on ebay the Valencia blue one is super. It also is zooming up there. My question, I have an identical one, in the #600's sans the surrey but with factory OD, wires and the G800 redline tires,same color. Its very rough but at that money I think it may be worth the investment to restore it.
What do you guys think. It's starting to look as though there are no TR250 parts cars anymore. Just resto candidates.

...by the way, I had a BRG one,ALL the goodies,bought it from the org owner. Was made an offer for it and sold it.......$3500.00....it was just an old sports car that I drove.

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
Beautiful. Not sure about the color. The restoration shop is the same in Virginia that worked on/restored the #1 TR4 with the Targa top and beautiful Spa White paint job was pulled early and shipped off to Europe for well over $30K 10 days ago. Decent chance this one could go there, too. Sorry, I don't know about parts on a 250.

G

I think it's all about the presentation when selling a car on Ebay. Some people <span style="font-weight: bold">really</span> can make a "nice" car look outstanding, such as this particular seller does with all his cars. He makes this Valencia Blue TR250 look terrific. Other sellers can take a nice car and present it in such a manner that it doesn't really appeal to anyone. When I sold my Spitfire last year, I took over 100 pictures and took all the ones that looked almost like you could make posters out of them and those are the 50 I used in the listing. The first buyer wigged out because I wouldn't let the car out of my sight for a third party off site inspection until it was fully paid for and the re-listing with a "buy it now" was sold in 4 hours. Good and plentiful pictures will put you over the top.

TheSearcherMan

Jedi Trainee
I am curious why all of a sudden he appears to be unloading. I think I called him several times during my resto looking for parts, if he is the same guy, let's just say he didn't seem to pleasant to deal with. Some of the people with the hard to find parts, they are difficult to deal with. You just don't ask, do you have it, how much is it and get an answer. They always want to play games, call me back, I'll call you, everything but, this is what I want for it, and I can ship it whenever. You would not believe some of the games some suppliers want to play. It sucks. As far a the major suppliers, BPN is by far the best, there is not even a close second. Honest, and upfront, fair prices, no hassle, just great people. Some others are ok, but they are the best. Comments? I am not saying there is anything wrong with the guy with the TR250, or car, or if he was even the one I spoke to. Just saying that some of the people who have the hard to find parts seem to be difficult to deal with.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I don't know... 900 transactions, and almost 100% positive rating.

Still, a TR250, Valencia Blue, and Surrey Top... hard combination to beat!

OP
B

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
...I gotta take a photo of my valencia tr 250, except it is real rough and you guys will beat me up about it. In my be half, if I may, it's slowly workin it way to the shop, ....or was that into the ground I can never remember...

OP
B

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
...TheSearcherMan,....I have a few hard to find parts,and I am real easy to deal with,all I want is what it will be worth in 10 years from now....

....just joking of course...but there are two sides to every story.. a fer instance, I put a pair of TR3 NOS in the box Lucas split rim headlite rims on ebay,.these babys are NLA and very desirable. The auction progressed with no bids so I canceled it. I then got all the email excuses you would expect for not bidding,...OK, no problem....but the clincher was two seperate offers to purchase from two guys with offers less than the repo sh*t that you can get from Moss or Vicky Brit. Remember these rims aren't even offered as crap repos.
The moral of the story, money talks, Bull Sh*t walks.

I get calls quite often,usually from play stupid people trying to get it for 10 cents on the dollar.

Anyway, just another side of the story...

Fairview

Jedi Hopeful
I just wanted to respond to The Searcher Man's query about the seller of the TR250 on ebay. I know Mike Gassman as his shop is in my town. I have bought a few cars from him over the years, and he has a great shop and inventory. His shop has worked on my E Type, my old Riley, and a some others.
I bought that 1964 TR4 Hardtop from him last year- the multi-winning AACA National First restoration that was done by his shop. I recently sold it through an ad on ebay that was noticed here. I think my sale got him inspired to list a couple of his cars, including the TR250.
He has been in this business for 20 years or so. He is not shy about asking big money for the best of the best. If you want to buy on the cheap, better ask elsewhere. But you can trust him to know quality and represent his items accurately.
I am not related to him, not his best friend, but just thought I'd set the record straight. Thanks.
Fairview

TheSearcherMan

Jedi Trainee
Nice Norton you sold last year Fairview, I have been curious since then, why did you sell it? Also, I am not even sure it was him I talked to several times, but it was in that area, and I wasn't trying to buy on the cheap. My Triumph is one of the best in the country, so I am told, I will never be satisfied with it.

Fairview

Jedi Hopeful
Hi SearcherMan,

I didn't mean to imply that you were trying to buy on the cheap, and please accept my apologies if that was the impression I gave. It is just that Mike Gassman does have great, often rare, cars and parts and knows what the price should be. I guess that is why he can make a living doing it.

Good catch on the Norton. It was too perfect, only 993 miles on it from factory new. I rode it down to the 7-11 and the pipes started to blue up a little, so I figured this will never work. I'm too much of a perfectionist with my old junk to put some wear on something so nice.

Since the odometer turned 993 on that 7-11 trip, I thought it was a message from God to buy a Porsche.

Plus I think I have a short attention span.

Best to you, Fairview

OP
B

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
...ok bring it on, some pix of the TR 250. Yup it's savable, but can I must the juice to finish it...

i give up i use be able to post pix, but not now, what gives? My camera is the same one,...

TheSearcherMan

Jedi Trainee
No offense taken Mr. Fairview. I have the same problem, I am not happy with my TR6, thinking about selling it. I have did a not and bolt resto on a 74 Norton, I am pretty happy with the Norton. The TR I don't think I will ever be happy with, took that apart also. I think the problem is me, not the car. I was thinking about a 911 ragtop if I sold the TR. I wanted to do a 250 from the start, but had to settle on the 6 as I couldn't find a suitable 250. A few weeks after I bought the 6, a 250 was on e bay in this area, could not believe it. Also, I don't think my TR6 is as good as it was, since I drive it on Sundays. The Norton also is showing that it is driven.