• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Home from Boarding School!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Ms Triss winters safe and sound in a Condo garage about 25 minutes away. Not the warmest of days today but yesterday it was pouring!

After church, a long time family Friend showed up (Daughter's Godfather) so off we went. All went well - took a minute or two longer to start but, other than that no drama. Tim is also a car guy - so, did he want to drive home? Of course! No pics, but, Tim is about 6' 4" with big feet - but managed it. I on the other hand got to drive his very cool Volvo (who would have thought those two words would go in the same sentence.) I led the way - man does Ms Triss look small! If ever there was a van or pickemup truck behind her, I swear she looked like a Bumper Car go cart! Still it is noce to have it in the drive.

(BTW, Tim's dad is a HUGE car guy. Over the years he owned a Bentley Speed Six, various 30's Packards, he still has a 39 LaSalle and a Baker? Electric Car from the teens.

He has a 1926 Ahrens-Fox Pumper Firetruck on permanaent loan to a museum and when Tim got married his dad arranged for the wedding car to be a 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost to be the wedding car - SWMBO got to ride in it.)

nomad

Yoda
In this modern FAT world our cars must look extremely small. A friend goes by my place regularly in his MGB and it looks tiny compared to the behemoths now on the road. Just a few years ago it would not have looked that way. Compare a 60's Mustang to the modern recreation.....simply amazing that modern folks would have gone this way!

Kurt.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
JP, I understand what you mean about little. This is a shot of my Prefect outside the shop while flushing its cooling system. That is a 1950 Ford 1/2 ton pickup beside it. And my Sprite makes the Prefect look large.

Attachments

• Prefect_FordPU.jpg
    Prefect_FordPU.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 79
OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I hear you! How to make a Mini look big!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
LOL, yeah thats pretty impressive too. I have a friend with a REAL Mini. One time he parked it next to one of those German things for comparison. It's really surprising how big those things really are.

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Glad you got her out... way to much snow up here to even think of that yet for me...

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Glad you got her out... way to much snow up here to even think of that yet for me...

Still pretty cold here though - too cold to drive. Heading to Englehart next week and hoping the weather cooperates.

How old is that baby of yours? (child not cars :grin: )

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Still pretty cold here though - too cold to drive. Heading to Englehart next week and hoping the weather cooperates.

How old is that baby of yours? (child not cars :grin: )

lol :smile: - 4 years old, started school in September - Full time Junior Kindergarten, Jenna loves going to school thankfully :smile:

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
lol :smile: - 4 years old, started school in September - Full time Junior Kindergarten, Jenna loves going to school thankfully :smile:

4 - amazing! it's an exciting time!

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
This past weekend it was sunny & most of the snow was gone, also had to shuffle some stuff in the garage so it was a good excuse to charge the battery & hose the sawdust off the 74 & take it out for a spin, the lake is still frozen up, but still made for a nice shot ! - Here's to a great 2018 drivin season ! & yes JP the reverse lenses you gave me after Elkhart Lake are still looking good, think of ya every time I look at them ! lol
bridget_shore.jpg

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Looks great and had completely forgotten about the lenses- I wonder how many pieces of Ms Tris are in other cars - I think about eight or ten