• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

You Don't see that every day!!!

Tom

Hi all

Just got back from Safety Fast the annual 2 day observation run held in these parts.

Been taking both of my cars on this (with friends driving the B) for the last 4 year and as always it's a blast, favourite bit? the Saturday night dinner this year had a creative challenge with each of the 3 clubs involved having to make up a MG Anthem to the Tune of Waltzing Matilda.

The TC owners did a bit of dissing of the rest of us with their version but got their just desserts in the other songs!!

At 78 cars the numbers were down a bit but when the hard luck award goes to someone with a flat tyre then you know it's been a good weekend (a couple of years ago it went to someone who hit a Kangaroo!!).

The other buzz? well as you can see I kinda did OK in the awards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

The other photo just had to be taken. The only place to get breakfast was a the town Bakery and by sheer chance we were all there at the same time.

I managed to snap my two old girls bookended by an MGA and MGF making a perfect "Ascent of MG" photo.

Good fun!!

abcf1sk.jpg

cups1bn.jpg

OP
T

Tom

Thanks Guys it was a great weekend and the cups were just a nice surprise to round it out. The MG questions were the decider this year ,as they often are, and I packed half a dozen books from my library this year to help me with this.

I might add that although I won for Saturday and Sunday I only get to keep one of them, by mutual agreement my navigator gets the other one, it is a team effort after all!!

A couple more photos for you. 1936 SA, one of only 2 in Australia Chris my navigator describes it as the Gangster car

sa1jm.jpg

Not a great photo as there was someone in the way when it was taken but who says you need to sell your MG when you have Kids? This Midget had a baby seat behind and between the main seats !!

babymakes31wf.jpg

regards

Steve_S

Yoda
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! The MG SA is one of my favorite cars of all time! I want one so badly but alas they are not entirely affordable. That is an absolutely beautiful car. Feel free to post all the photos you like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now the Midget on the other hand... that's a very creative if not questionably safe solution to carrying a third passenger!

OP
T

Tom

Steve your wish is my command!! These are a couple of photos of the SA at the 2002 Safety Fast Run which was the first year I did it (for the record this year was the 13th year it's been run).

looking at them again I notice that the liscence plate has changed and the hood ornament is new for 2005.

These photos aren't as good as the newer ones (my old camera) but if you want copies of the 2005 ones full size just let me know by PM and I'll email them to you.

mvc014f0wl.jpg

mvc011f0gw.jpg

regards

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
That SA certianly is a beauty. Certianly don't get to see cars like that often enough ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OP
T

Tom

Yup that's the one, I recognize the way the paint has been polished through on the back of the roof and rear bustle.

The current owners have I believe fully redone the interior, motor and bodywork where needed (but not all the paintwork)

I beleive the car was previously in South Australia and was delivered new to Australia (built 1936, arriving 1937.

The current owners know the full history of the car and are about the 4th or fifth owners since new (including one owner who owned it on two separate occasions)

regards