• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 TR6 TIRES

Where is the best place to get cheap tires for my Triumph Tr6? Is there really only like one manufacturer out there now? Got quoted for like $770 for tires and installation locally, seems high to me. Thanks, Mike.

RomanH

Jedi Knight
Try The Tire Rack they are a supporting vendor of this site. Click on their banner ad and order some tires and Basil gets a bit of the cash to keep this site running.
I get all of my tires from The Tire Rack. Prices are very reasonable and they have a good selection and fast delivery. There are multiple tire manufacturers still out there. You can have your new tires mounted anywhere you want and you should be able to save a bunch of dough.

cutlass29

Hi neighbour, have a Gansett!

Have you tried Coker tires...they do have tires for the TR6...not checked in a while but they're probably not cheap.

TR4

Jedi Knight
Got Kuhmo tires (Chinese brand) for my TR4 from The Tire Rack for about $29 apiece (2 years ago). Had them mounted and balanced locally so total was around $175 for the set. I did get the tires at the warehouse so did not have to pay for shipping. I have been very happy with them.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Go see Chris Cameron at Tire Pro's in North Kingstown and get a set of 205/70/15's. Pick the brand you want. I have no financial interest, but they are friends and run a quality operation. You will like the ride and handling a lot more than with 185's and you will save a lot of money.

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
205/70/15 size tire is a great choice. The wheel wells fill up nicely and give you the "right" ride height.
I went with Dunlop tires from the TireRack. The tires with Oriental names are probably very good tires but the Dunlop name has a long history with British cars. Expected to last 50-60k miles, they'll probably need replacement for dry rot before I wear them out on that light weight TR6.

R

RonMacPherson

And Dunlop is owned by a Japanese company now, and a lot of their rubber is made in Japan.

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I've got yokohama avid 205/70/15 on my rig. Nice tread that could be period and they ride nice. My redlines were down right scary in comparison. I think I got them at tire rack for $48/each.

Here is a pic, but mind you the car is lowered about an inch:

normal_2006-08-27-Exterior%20012.jpg

OP
T
Thanks all for the posts, you may have saved me lots of money. Yeah Brosky, Chris Cameron is checking on the tires for me at Tire Pros, he is a good guy he did alot of work for me as I used to work at the Brooks Pharmacy in the same parking lot as his shop in NK. I might miss the redlines though, hhmmm anyone have pictures of their 205/70/15 tires on their car that they can post here? Thanks, Mike.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
These are Goodyear's after I had them installed last summer. After 5 miles on a twisting road, you'll forget all about the red stripe Michelin's.

They look great for show, but just don't give the ride and comfort of a new, softer, wider tire.

Tosh

Jedi Trainee
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] hhmmm anyone have pictures of their 205/70/15 tires on their car that they can post here? [/QUOTE]

Right there in the signature.

Keep on.

Inheritr6

I just purchased yokohama avid 205/70/15 (same as LastDeadLast). I was sad to see my redlines go but the second I put my foot on the accelerator I was over it. These tires are 1000 times better than the 185 Michelin redlines in comfort and performance.
DSC05081.jpg

DSC05080.jpg

AltaKnight

Jedi Knight
My next purchase is a set of Dunlop Signature 205/70R/15's to replace these 185 pirellis.

BTE, there's a lot of gratuitous photgraphy going on this thread....

IMGP1494.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I went to the Tire Rack website.The cheapest Avid
was $63.00/each.
Which Avid is it,& where can you get them for $48?

- Doug

Tosh

Jedi Trainee
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]there's a lot of gratuitous photgraphy going on this thread....[/QUOTE]

Heh, heh.

This thread has apparently tapped into a reservoir of repressed TR6 portraiture.

Keep on.