• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spridget racers... need picture of...

PeterC

Jedi Warrior
I could use some pictures of some Tilton brake pedal set-ups and pedal boxes. Just some pics of an engine bay would help.

Thanks Peter C.

Peter, here's one we did a few years back. We used 1/2" square tubing to build a frame to mount the Tilton set up to. On my vintage car, I've got another idea I would like to do rather than build a tubing substructure, I plan on cutting the hole in the foot box big enough to easily clear all pedals, adding captures nuts, then making a .125" aluminum structure all tig welded together to do the same thing. Basicly what you have to do becuase of the slpe of the Spridget footbox is build some sort of structure that will starighten out and level the are to mount the tilton pedals and M/Cs.

Attachments

• 5091-klaustiltons.JPG
    5091-klaustiltons.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 42

Bugeye58

Yoda
Mark, aftermarket brakes are not a requirement. Upgrades are just a personal choice. However, dual circuit systems are required.
In many classes, the use of stock brakes is required, with the exception of friction material. In other classes, the only restrictions are to size used. I am <u>allowed</u> to convert to rear discs on the Sprite, for example, as long as the rotors are no larger than the fronts.
Jeff

JerryB

Jedi Warrior
I could use some pictures of some Tilton brake pedal set-ups and pedal boxes.

The Tilton or Wilwood reverse mount triple master fits in the original opening on later than Bugeyes with very little surgery. the Wilwood # is 340-3342 for the 6:1 ratio and has a 12 " pedal length and the 5:1 unit is 340-4828 and a 10" pedal length. Use the Wilwood 260-337X type masters with that pedal assy and use the small reservoirs.

IF you have hood clearance issues with the clutch reservoir, then use the Tilton reservoir which is a 1/4' lower and has a different cap design.

You can use the box directly on the slope of the original sheet metal. IF you are putting this in a later car with a collapsible column, you might flatten the bump next to the box opening...not a big deal tho.

There is not a lot of room to remote mount the reservoirs as they have to feed the masters by gravity and the fire wall is just not tall enufd. Direct mounting of the small res. on the masters will work finwe in the canted position.

Wilwood has dimensioned drawings of the peal assys in their catalog....and maybe on their website??

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P For Sale Spridget in a junk yard Spridgets Classified 1
JPSmit Lovely little Spridget video Spridgets 4
R Help With Spridget Speedometers Spridgets 4
S Calling All Spridget Owners & Race Fans - Sprite Turns 65 Spridgets 3
shadowfever 65-69 Spridget seat Diaphragms Spridgets 5
shadowfever Single SU on Spridget Spridgets 3
S For Sale Differentail gear sets available. Spridget, Morris Spridgets Classified 12
shadowfever Wanted WTB Spridget seats. Spridgets Classified 0
Editor_Reid Happy (Spridget) Christmas Spridgets 0
D Spridget Modifications Spridgets 12
S Classic Motorsports : 10 Common Spridget Mistakes Spridgets 1
M 68 Spridget Spridgets 6
B Spridget with a Tilton Race Clutch Racing 1
M Spridget wont start Spridgets 50
S Spridget Mountain Driving Tour : Mid-Atlantic Spridgets 8
B How to clean the old gunk out of a Spridget gas tank? Spridgets 21
N Misc Spridget parts Spridgets Classified 0
N Spridget sheet metal Spridgets Classified 0
Bayless Wanted: Spridget horn button bracket Spridgets Classified 1
Michael Oritt Wanted 4.22:1 spridget differential Spridgets Classified 1
T Roy Orbison had a Spridget! Spridgets 2
I Wanted emergency brake rods from later Spridget Spridgets Classified 0
S For Sale Spridget Parts Garagea Clearance Spridgets Classified 5
Jim_Gruber Pages from Porter Spridget Restoration Manual on Seat Recovering, You Tube Videos Spridgets 4
Jer For Sale Assorted Spridget Parts Spridgets Classified 0
JPSmit Spridget thread question FORUM Navigation Questions 2
Jim_Gruber Removing a Spridget Engine Checklist Spridgets 5
T Smart Car Seats in a Spridget? Spridgets 8
histerical Wanted WTB Set of Later Spridget Rear Brake Backing Plates Spridgets Classified 0
6 Spridget Radio/Speaker Case Spridgets 4
Jim_Gruber Free Spridget Windscreen available - Dayton OH Spridgets 3
FredApplerot For Sale Pace Setter muffler for 1964-74 Spridget - Brand New Spridgets Classified 5
M Hauling a Spridget - Proper tie down technique? Spridgets 15
M Period Spridget articles Spridgets 5
Branson box spridget grill mounting tabs / ears / brackets Spridgets 3
HealeyRick Ro-Spridget AutoX Spridgets 4
T Question regars 'frame assembly-hood' for various spridget models Spridgets 7
Rut Interesting non Spridget Spridgets 3
Michael Oritt Spridget Differential Carrier--early versus late question Spridgets 1
Jim_Gruber A Quality Piece of Kit for Bugsy IV - Creative Spridget Rear Disk Brackets Spridgets 8
Jim_Gruber Replacing Spridget Coolant Spridgets 21
Jim_Gruber Adjusting Spridget Doors Spridgets 4
gfholl Spridget on a stick Spridgets 0
drooartz 400 mile road trip in the 4-door Spridget Spridgets 11
drooartz The family Spridget Spridgets 10
N 60's Spridget paint? Spridgets 20
drooartz Up-date on the 4-door Spridget [Morris Minor] Spridgets 12
Trevor Jessie Any of you Spridget guys coming to MG2016 in June? Spridgets 3
R Spridget Starter Spridgets 4
T Harley-Davidson mufflers on a Spridget Spridgets 14