• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Calling All Spridget Owners & Race Fans - Sprite Turns 65

Scargo

Country flag
Fellow Spridgeteers and race fans!

I'm making plans to attend the Mike Cummings H Production Invitational event being held at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course this August. The following is the official announcement for the event which I picked up on the Production Racing Forum.

*** New in 2023 will be (2) H Production Nationwide Points Championship (HPNPC) Invitational events. One will be located at Mid Ohio on Aug 12-13, and one will be west of the Mississippi and TBD at a later date. The intent is to pick races that we can get 20+ cars in HP to attend, and get a mix of past National Champions, national level front runners, regional racers, rookies and even retired HP racers. The Mid Ohio event will have the comradery of the Runoffs with the casual atmosphere of a local event. There will be a Saturday evening BBQ party for the class to mingle and we are even working with host regions to get our own run group at these events! Races will carry double points, have prizes available, and give us a chance to see each other besides just the Runoffs. More details to come, but please try to attend one of these special events if you are able to! ***

With this being the 65th Birthday year of the introduction of the Sprite, I thought this would be a fun way for some of us to get together to celebrate.These activities will be a part of the SCCA Ohio Valley Region's, Regional Race weekend.

I've communicated with the organizer of this championship series, and he has indicated to me that they would probably be able to accommodate those of us who show up with street Spridgets in the following manner:

* Dedicated parking corral
* Entry to the Saturday evening "pot-luck" style BBQ (where everyone is asked to bring something to help spread out the costs)
* The possibility of lunchtime touring laps of Mid Ohio

They will also be selling HP merchandise at the event such as shirts, hats, posters etc. and one item will be an 18x24 special 65th Anniversary poster commemorating the Bugeye.

Give it some thought and let me know here or via PM if you are interested in joining us there.

OP
S

Scargo

Country flag
After posting this on three different Sprite, Midget forums including this one, I’ve only one response other than yours.

In answer to your second question, just show up and pay the gate entry fee and you’re in. No club affiliation is necessary to be a spectator.