• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Calling Cottontop - Quad SU Nasty Boy - Craigslist

Frankenhealey

Jedi Trainee

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
The price is not bad also. I like the carb set up, hope it works well. $2000 in HD8 carbs. I wonder why the conversion from a 4 seater to a 2 seater?

Jerry

D

Deleted member 8987

That has to be the first time I think I've ever seen new Dayton wires in black. Certainly adds to the "rat-rod" appearance, along with the paint. I'd drive it, but them carbs would go. I can't imagine trying to get 4 of them things on opposite sides dialed in and keep them that way.

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Ian - Thanks for the alert. I had already seen that and have Emailed the owner with a picture of mine so as to "compare notes".

TOC - There may not be too much of a problem dialing in the 4 SUs. I enlarged the engine picture and it looks as if the 4 SU mounting tubes feed a common plenum and everything bolts onto a SBF 4 barrel manifold.

THAT is the way MY 4 SUs are mounted - Pic BELOW.

Because all carbs feed a common vacuum source (Edelbrock single plane manifold) that feeds each of the 8 cylinders, each carb should self adjust for the vacuum it alone sees. There should be no trying to synchronize 4 throats, each one feeding 2 separate cylinders and trying to balance each of 4 sets of 2 cylinders against each other.

At least THAT is the theory....

I HATE to see such a spider web of plug wires as he has on that engine.

I eliminated the up-front distributor and run all of the plug wires from the back of the engine. MUCH cleaner.

4Carbs1.jpg

Tim