• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Silicon valve cover gasket

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Where can I buy the silicon valve cover gasket for a stock TR6 valve cover??

OP
T

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Dang, you ask that guy the time and he tells you how to build a watch. Very, very complete instructions. I will give him a call, Paul. Thanks.

<span style="font-size: 8pt">I sorta apologize for the flamingo comment....</span>

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I'd feel hurt if you didn't say SOMETHING once in a while, Bill.

roofman

Jedi Knight
I emailed that guy once a month for about 6 months and he never got back to me.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
roofman said:
I emailed that guy once a month for about 6 months and he never got back to me.

I don't know if Justin travels a lot or what but I've heard the same complaint from others. I did see a post on the Triumph Mail List from him a few weeks ago so he's still around. As Paul said, this is a great product and it works as advertised. I've had the valve cover off about 5 or 6 times in the 8 or so years that I've had the gasket and it's never leaked a drop of oil in all that time. If you guys don't hear back from him let me know and I'll try and rattle his cage over on the Triumph Mail List.

BritSpit

Freshman Member
I find that if you have enough oil leaking from elsewhere on the engine the trickle from the rocker cover is barely noticeable! :smile:

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I had trouble reaching him as well, as he does travel for long periods, but as soon as he got back to his inventory, he shipped right away. I'd suggest flooding him with email. It worked for me.

Minesweeper

If you don't feel like cajoling someone into selling their product to you, get a silicone gasket on Ebay. I got the $15 one ($3 shipping), received it within three days and it has worked perfectly on my TR6

Scott

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
Scott........is that the red one that's half round? I'm glad it worked perfectly on your car because I've seen a number of Mail List posts about it being difficult to fit. The beauty of Justin's design is way it fits the shape of the valve cover lip and you can re-use it over and over again. However for $15, the eBay guy does offer a cheaper solution and immediate shipping.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Justin had a dozen when I talked to him this spring. I should have bought all of them and resold them.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Personally, I like Justin's, but it is meant for a stock cover. If I do mount an aftermarket alloy cover I'll definitely consider the other ebay option.

Randy

Minesweeper

BobbyD said:
Scott........is that the red one that's half round? I'm glad it worked perfectly on your car because I've seen a number of Mail List posts about it being difficult to fit. The beauty of Justin's design is way it fits the shape of the valve cover lip and you can re-use it over and over again. However for $15, the eBay guy does offer a cheaper solution and immediate shipping.

Yes, that's the one. I used silicone gasket maker to adhere the half-round side to the valve cover (was wishing I had three hands at the time, but the fit was right on) and clamped it to a flat surface overnight. No sealant between the gasket and cylinder head and no leaks so far (knock on wood).

I did look at Justin Wagner's gasket. I liked what I saw, but having already spent way more than I had intended, I went for the less expensive alternative.

Scott

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:](was wishing I had three hands at the time, but the fit was right on)[/QUOTE]

Those little plastic or wooden spring style clothes pins will work nicely here.

Opa

Jedi Trainee
I have the same silicone gasket on my 6.No leaks so far. More info at www.gasketinnovations.com. Steve Downing is his name.
I use a piece of 3/4 inch MDF board that I picked up at a cabinet shop with three studs mounted to fit valve cover. Put on a little ultra blue and mounted cover to board over nite.Used to install cork gasket to cover same way.