• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Justin Wagner's Silicon Valve Cover Gasket

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
I got one of Justin Wagner's silicon valve cover gaskets (jmwagner@greenheart.com) and I have to say this is the slickest thing since sliced bread! Seals perfectly, valve cover comes off when needed without a hassle and he included a set of top bolt seals that work perfectly! I cannot but recommend this item for anyone with a stock steel valve cover (not for cast aluminum covers!). What a great product!

PeterK

Yoda
Totally agree. I had one of the early ones that you had to cook in the oven before using it. Not any more, the new ones are great.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I didn't chase the link, is he doing this ONLY for TR6 covers?

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
I have a TR3 and know that he has one for it. Haven't bought one yet but will.

Tinkerman

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Only stock covers. No aftermarket.

<span style="font-size: 26pt"> DANG</span>

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
DNK
Don't fret! I just got a couple of the red "D" shaped gaskets and I think they will be fine. Granted, I have not tested one to see if it melts. Ha! It appears that you use an adhesive on the flat side and attach that side to the aftermarket, far superior looking rocker cover. The gasket should seal very well and I don't think you will see the gasket much if any when the cover is on.

achtungeveryone

Jedi Hopeful
Bill, what was the turn around time from when you ordered to when you received...I'd like to have one but if Justin has to leave the continent for awhile or whatever I don't wnat to be left hanging...
Also, why are they so pricey? Is he still paying back the R&D dept.?

Achtung