• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

NATC 2011 Breckenridge Colorado

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hi All,
Anyone going to the North American Triumph Challenge / VTR 2011 this August in Breckenridge Colorado?

August 17-20, 2011. Last time there were about 320 cars from all over, close enough for west coasters, central northern, central and central southern to do in a few days, east coast and Canada adds another day. I think the closest thing to it for me was the European Stag Meet in the Swiss Alps a few years back.

VTR / North American Triumph Challenge 2011 https://www.vtr2011.com for details and registration.

There are two polls attached to this, so please take a few seconds to complete them. I am not a host club coordinator or host member, so please do not ask me for convention details, they are on the web site above.

Consider that you start the leisurely drive out starting Friday night the 12th after work and see the country, stop by the Merrell's in Lafayette Colorado (85 miles from Breckenridge) for a Triumph Stag (and all other Triumphs welcome too) Gathering of the herd, acclimate at 5500 feet altitude for a day or so, do tuneups / repairs - cleaning as needed, relax and take in a few leisurely scenic drives, then congregate on the 16th for a 1.5 hour drive (3 + hours if we take the better most scenic, breathtaking route off the interstates and a you pay lunch stop probably Tommy Knockers Brewery in Idaho Springs - I will reserve the parking lot) to arrive en masse at the show in Breckenridge.

No matter how early you decide to arrive, we can take in a different brewpub every day and not run out of new selections!

There are a few other enthusiasts with facilities willing to host Triumph folks too, and if you are one of them, let me know you would like to host some Triumph folks. There is also a British Inn a few miles down the road with 16 rooms, we will be hosting a Formal Tea there <span style="font-style: italic">(advance reservations - prepaid will be required)</span> during one of the drives. Max of 34 people fit unless we utilize the very cool semi outdoor bar area for overflow.

And remember to download the VTR directory to see what enthusiasts are along your travel route willing to help with repairs, lodging, and where the British service garages and parts are located, etc!

I coordinated the TTA drive over 15000 miles, so I think I might be able to swing a few nice drives and obscure tourist stuff before you get to the show. :driving:

We hope to see you all here!

Cheers!
Susan & Glenn Merrell

<span style="font-weight: bold">P.S.</span> <span style="font-style: italic">Contact us off list at StagByTriumph@yahoo.com with a subject of <span style="font-weight: bold">"Triumph Gathering, I'm coming early!"</span> with your arrival details.</span> :cheers:

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Guess I have to reply to this to start it being in people's plans ...

Reh

This has been my deadline to get the GT6+ going. Can't wait. Not sure if it will be going well enough to cruise with you guys. Might have to take the shortest route up. My dad wants to trailer it, but thats just an excuse to not finish the car. I'm super excited for this.
I wont be in the running for best in show but i'll be there

jsfbond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Mine car is still in boxes...is there a choice like.....
Attend with U-haul and kit car.

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
jsfbond said:

I could add a category for "Attending with at least a part of a Triumph!" Toss your hood emblem in your pocket or wear your favorite Triumph hat and come along!

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Ah, Colorado Rocky Mountains in the summer! Can't wait!

Oh, I am already here !

Come on out!

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
BTW, the photo used for my avatar was taken on the north shore of Lake Dillon in Breckenridge after driving over the Continental Divide at Loveland pass - Highway 40, which is over 11k feet above sea level!

Reh

The GT6 is almost done. I'm getting really excited. I hope these couple months go by faster.

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Or maybe that was highway 6? must be the altitude ....

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
time to bubble this to the top again ...

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I hope there are more folks than this coming out to Breckenridge in August. This is one of the best venues on the VTR / NATC events.

Rooms are still available this is a HUGE resort!!

Anyway, a new job very reluctantly forces me to withdraw my offer of early drives - no vacation time now as a captive employee. I will still be at Breckenridge, but Thursday night through the Sunday Departure.

ALSO, the garage, 4 post lift, tools, beer, assistance, camaraderie, are all still open for the week before and the week after for anyone needing prep or before the trip home repairs. Just let me know what you need.

Cheers!

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
StagByTriumph said:
...This is one of the best venues on the VTR / NATC events.

This is why I'll be there. I have attended Triumph gatherings that were held in the midst of a large urban area with so scenic drives to speak of, have also attended events where there was only one road in & out of the town.

Breckenridge is right there on the Western Slope with enough memorable drives to give you something different every day of your visit.

Reh

Have to remove the tranny on the GT6. Don't think i'll make it

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I am extremely bummed, I wanted to come and drive, only a days drive away for me, sounds great, can't get out of work, if it went through Saturday Sunday it would be worth my while to go.

G

StagByTriumph said:
jsfbond said:

I could add a category for "Attending with at least a part of a Triumph!" Toss your hood emblem in your pocket or wear your favorite Triumph hat and come along!

Trophy for who brought the biggest part that wasn't for sale but it can't be a complete car, body or frame. It must be carried by hand to and through the show.

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have seen plenty of cars arrive in the parking lots on trailers only to be worked on my multiple folks from all over -
oh that was usually after autocrossing and breaking!

Didn't Detroit assemble a Spitfire from scratch at their convention in 2008? i think there are photos and some video of that somewhere.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Glenn,

I wish I could make it - Colorado's one of the nicest states to
drive in,but spent all of my money on moving the Son to Denver,& then
attending MG 2011.
Be sure to post pictures.

- Doug

Reh

Thanks Triumph for making the TR6 tranny the biggest piece of [censored]. Now i have to wait 10 years for VTR