• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Midget 50th New Dates!! July 18-22, 2011

bmwwxman

Spridgeteers,

<span style="font-weight: bold">July 18-22, 2011 Elkhart Lake and Road America!!</span>

Event organizers in Cheese Head Land have just released the new dates for the big event!! Unfortunately, I cannot access the website at the moment and will have to update it later. A corrected registration form and preliminary agenda will be placed on the website soon along with the appropriate links. Sprite Midget Club <https://www.sprite-midgetclub.org>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Please pass the word to everyone you know who might want to attend!! July 18-22, 2011</span>

If you have reservations at Victorian Village <https://www.vicvil.com>, you will be contacted soon to change your dates. Additional lodging will be available at Siebkens <https://www.siebkens.com> and that information will be posted shortly so you can reserve your room.

FYI - July 15 - 18 will be the with Brian Redman presented by Ford... <https://www.roadamerica.com/Races/RaceInformation.asp?id=27> If you are into racing you may want to come a couple of days early!

An updated event poster will be available very soon from Gerard Chateauvieux as will the other regalia in the club store! The new 2011 club calendars will also be available shortly from the club store at: <https://www.cafepress.com/spridget/>

As always... feel free to contact us with any questions you may have...

Sprite-Midget Club USA
1001 First Ave
Dodge City, KS 67801
SpriteMidgetClub@gmail.com
https://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org
620-408-6877

RickB

Yoda
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taskadog

Jedi Trainee
Nice work guys.
Thanks, It'll be way better to be together in one or two hotels.

I wonder if Darryl Waltrip wants my king room at VV. Maybe I could pay for this vacation.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Mid July brings the full heat of summer to a 4000 mile drive without air conditioning. Early June as going to be hot but this may be unbearable.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Pythias said:
Mid July brings the full heat of summer to a 4000 mile drive without air conditioning. Early June as going to be hot but this may be unbearable.

Has crossed my mind too, though the plus is Wisconsin should be lovely in July. (I think the ice will just be out of the lakes by then :wink: )

tomshobby

Yoda
Here is a average temp chart for the Milwaukee area. And don't forget the sunscreen and most important the mosquito repellent. Not that they are so bad, with heavy enough shoes they have trouble getting you off the ground too carry you away.

https://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/Climate_of_Milwaukee,_Wisconsin

BTW - There are some beautiful drives in the state. If you will have some time I can help you find some great places to tour.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
tomshobby said:
and most important the mosquito repellent. Not that they are so bad, with heavy enough shoes they have trouble getting you off the ground too carry you away.

Oh great, now I really want to come :wink:

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My got, look at those temps. The weather is perfect. Leave the tops at home.

RickB

Yoda
I'll plan to have my top up and rear window zipped down.
4000+ miles will be enough to cook my brain with the top down.
For those without a zip down rear window, maybe you could come up with a way to cut it out then velcro it in when you need it?

Maybe we should drive at night and sleep during the days?

leecreek

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Bought a new top just for the run to Lake of the Ozarks. Zip down rear window. Never used it. Too much air. Ran with the passenger side window on and open about 4 inches. Nice breeze across the back. This was solo tho. YMMV

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Got an email to change my booking today, gave them a call & it's all switched, plus July 18th is my birthday, perfect way to celebrate turning 36 !

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'll be running with the Hard Top on. No Zip-Out for that. I'm not concerned with the temps while there, just getting there and back across Montana, (a full time zone across--- think about that folks in the east, a state that is one full time zone wide! and the Great Plains States in the full heat of summer. Yeah, I've heard Minnesota has two seasons; Winter and a month of bad sleddin'. I presume Wisconsin is similar.

PeterC

Jedi Warrior
Similar.... shovel or swat.

Actually, July is often the best. Not too hot and steamy, stuff's still growing. This is truly a beautiful state, one that I've adopted as my own.

I think you guys will enjoy this event. Several are working pretty hard on it.

If you can come early, the KIC event at RA is absolutely amazing. The cars, the parades, the pageantry is something else. I'll probably be occupied with a Bugeye racecar that weekend, but beyond the racing, the cars around here that weekend are something else.

Peter

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
KIC at RA? (RA I get)

Country flag
Kohler International Challenge

RickB

Yoda
I think our areas of weather concern are other states, we have to cross a lot of territory. The N O S H I T group needs to get together at least online and discuss. There's plenty of time, but time passes swiftly.

RickB

Yoda
FYI the link in the first message in this thread is incorrect for Victorian Villiage.
It should be:

Victorian Villiage

(it was missing an "L" at the end)

sswarin

Country flag
I had a reservation at VV for Midget 50th in June, but I haven't heard from them about changing the reservation to July. Should I be concerned? Have others gotten messages or call from VV to change their reservations?

Thanks.

Steve