• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Longbridge washer bottle

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Here is another Ebay item, but a little pricy - I must assume it is because of the BMC box included? 1959 mini mk1 nos glass washer bottle in bmc box
jim :driving:

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
sorry the transfer did not take, but go to ebay and check out item #
330808662749 - original bottle with factory BMC box

Country flag
Can you imagine the feeling; opening the package to discover that it didn't survive the trip...?

Wasn't somebody (in France, maybe) going to try to reproduce the glass jar? I'd gladly buy one (or 2) just so I wouldn't be so paranoid about my own original jar! I've lost track (well, forgotten) of who it was doing this.

OP

57_BN4

It'd be interesting to make a listing of which vehicles use the 'longbridge' washer bottle. I'd be 99% sure this one from a Standard 10 is the same, the number 32 cast into the bottom is the same as on mine. Starting bid is a bit sharper than what people are bidding on that NOS one... Sssshhh, don't tell anyone.

$%28KGrHqRHJDIF!6fNDzSWBQdVEtpM4w~~60_12.JPG

DSC08588.JPG

DSC08586.JPG

mwagon

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I have one original Jar & Bracket available, if anyone needs one. When I was restoring my 100-6, ~ 15 years ago it was alot harder to find parts. I ended up taking a glass blowing class, so I could make copies of a Longbridge washer bottle. Ended making 10 copies & sold all very quickly thru Hemmings. Back then no one made the Domed rear Reflectors either. So I learned vacuum forming & made 20 sets with newer high grade Polycarbonate plastic, that doesn't fade like the originals. Moss tryed to buy from me, but their price wasn't worth my time

Country flag
I believe I have a set of those reflectors, but never had the correct bezel to put them in. By the time I actually needed to put them on my car, Moss had the assemblies available. Knowing what you did to make them, makes them more valuable now :wink:

What do you want for the glass jar? Having a spare might help with my paranoia...

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Don't all Longbridge owners, have a spare glass bottle sitting on a shelf in the garage? I know I do. But do you have any of those reflectors available?

homebeforedark

Back in the 70's , I bought a 3000 and a 100-6 for about what the longbridge washer bottle sold for on e-bay. And the 3000 would run. Things change.
AT

OP

57_BN4

That Standard 10 one went for about US$25, a veritable bargain compared to the current bid of $740 for the 'NOS' one.

Ah if only I could find a LH Longbridge door handle for $25 to replace the one that got dissolved to almost nothing by an incompetent chrome plater...

Andy.

OP

57_BN4

Hi Jerry,

The 'Longbridge' LH handle looks the same as the other 6 cylinder roadsters on the outside but it is different inside where it interacts with the lock mechanism. In the below pic is a later handle on the left, the one I need in the middle and the remains of my handle on the right.

longbridge%20LH%20handle.JPG

Thanks,
Andy.

healeyblue

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Andy,

When we got our longbridge to restore, it didn't have a washer bottle so I don't know exactly what a correct one looks like. I bought that Rover one from the link you posted and it fits in the under dash tray perfectly. I will have to make the mounting bracket as the Rover one is incorrect. Thanks for the heads up on that listing. So if anyone needs a glass bottle the Rover one is the same. Now if anyone has some measurements on the mount/bottle clamp, then I can get to making the one for this bottle.

JIM

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi JIM
BOTTLE Measurements 7,78 tall 3,78 wide around 20 cm x9,5 cm
I have acquired one at low price on e bay as a Triumph Vitesse
Bottle washer it have the correct 32 stamped on the bottom and fit perfectly on my 100/6 Longbridge hole
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vbX4FVqF-P5Z3itG5JmUk9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
here you can find a lot of bottle and bracket photos
collected from various site: R.Forbes and Derek 100 six
and on e bay
https://picasaweb.google.com/112770819864514987162/DropBox?authuser=0&feat=directlink
a chaotic album that can help you on the Longbridge AH restoration
Cheers
Andrea

healeyblue

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Yes that is the same measurements as my bottle. Looks like there are quite a few options for the bottles. Now to get some good measurements of the strap assembly (which should be very easy to fabricate) and I will have a complete setup.
JIM

OP

57_BN4

Hi Jim,

Sounds like you got a bargain there, the Longbridge one went for $242.52 in the end and somebody bid up the Mini one to $913.58!!

Looks like we have early Mini, Standard 8, Vitesse and early Rover confirmed the same as Longbridge so perhaps they aren't as rare as believed.

For the bracket- this should get you fairly close

Andy.

healeyblue

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Andy
That is awesome. I saved the file and will start on making the bracket in a week after my vacation.
Thanks a bunch

Country flag
Wow, Andy!! I sure wish you were around more, I couls use some help with CAD and my BMW reinforcement pieces!

Now that I'm ordering and having parts shipped, I'm seriously considering getting a CNC-Plasma table (I already have the torch...) and make the kits totally in house.