• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Harbor freight

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
How long does it normally take to get an order from them?

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
don't know. there are 2 stores here, so i just go and buy and go home.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I wish it was that easy. About 4 stores around here. none carry the Hylomar

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
They won't get it for you on the weekly delivery?

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
My recollection from the few times I have ordered is that they shipped promptly. Since it is a west coast operation you should have a fairly short wait.

Odd that they do not have Hylomar. The SKU on their packaging is 03662 60038 in case you want to call them and have them check their computer.

I often have a hard time finding a particular item in their store, usually end up buying several things I did not plan on getting before I finally find what I came in for.

roofman

Jedi Knight
OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Didn't ask about any of that. It showed not in stock at the store so I came home and ordered it on Tuesday of last week and was wondering on turn around order time.

Perrymip

Jedi Hopeful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]About 4 stores around here. none carry the Hylomar[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware there was even one store here. I thought we had to order out for most everything, Amazon included.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Geo Hahn said:
I often have a hard time finding a particular item in their store, usually end up buying several things I did not plan on getting before I finally find what I came in for.
:thumbsup:
Me too, I think they do that on purpose! But I've gotten pretty aggressive about asking for help; if I can't find someone then I walk through the "Employees Only" door and wander around until someone tells me to get out. At that point, they can hardly refuse to help !
:devilgrin:

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Perry , New store opening in Bellevue. off of 148th and 24th I think

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Finally got it, now, do you put it on both sides of a paper gasket and do you let it sit up?

roofman

Jedi Knight
I put it on both sides, not too thick , but thick enough to ooze out some. It tacks up fairly quick, no reason to wait. I first put it on the pan, placed the gasket so it lined up properly, and then put another thin wide layer on the gasket. Get a few of the easy to get to bolts started to hold the pan up in place then the rest of the bolts. No more leaks.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
You can get it at your local parts store. Look for it in the Permatex line. I've used it before and believe it's in a gold tube with blue lettering. The parts counter men had no clue what I was talking about and had to read the tubes myself. You can get it from Wurth USA too. They call it DP300 and that's what I've been using. There is a warehouse in California. 800wurthusa.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
TR3ATR250 said:
You can get it at your local parts store. Look for it in the Permatex line...

That certainly used to be the case, then something happened (I heard some legal or contract issue) and Permatex (who was selling under license I think) ceased handling it. Perhaps it is back under the Permatex brand but it was gone for a long time.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The Permatex stuff was never quite the same; they called it Hylomar HPF. I agree with Geo, they don't seem to handle it any more. Seems like I even read a line on the Hylomar web site to the effect that they were only selling the base plastic to Permatex; who were adding their own solvent, but no more.

I was definitely unhappy switching from the old "blue" to HPF, so I would recommend ordering "blue" if you can. I've only ordered from HF a few times, but they were reasonably prompt both times. You're probably looking at a week though, unless you pay extra for airmail.