• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedge Fourth of July adventures in my TR8

swift6

Yoda
TR8's can really make you smile! They are totally hooligan cars.

They can also make grown men giggle like a school girl. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yesterday the opprotunity arose to drive from Fort Collins to Estes Park for a car show and a picnic with my local club. I took a friend of mine who is visiting from Poland. For those that don't know Estes Park is a small (but growing) community at the main entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park and the highest continually paved road in the world. To get there from Fort Collins/Loveland you have to go up highway 34 through the Big Thompson Canyon. Home to deer, squirrels, big horn sheep and the occasional flash flood. In the summer time this road is usually plagued with motorhomes piloted by flatlanders that don't know how to drive curvy roads and out of state fly fishermen who don't understand the concept of parking in the correct areas.

On holidays, especially midday, the traffic can lighten up considerably. Yesterday was no exception. Though there was a good amount of traffic I did not encounter a single motorhome. And even though the traffic was keeping up a pretty good pace whenever we did encounter a passing zone it was a real treat to roll into the throttle and wake up the V8. It really is amazing how quickly TR8's can accelerate from 40mph to 90mph. That's where the giggling like a school girl part comes in. Especially since mine is still stock and therfore relatively tame in the horsepower and torque department. Oh, and the giggling follwed some Polish explitives concerning corner entry speed during the first few high speed corners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

I was also able to stay in Estes Park overnight which allowed us to watch their fireworks display which was FANTASTIC! The booming echoing off the mountain peaks added to the excitement. Though I do think that all the wildlife in Rocky Mountain National Park might be a little scittish for a few days.

This morning I was able to enjoy a fairly brisk run back down the canyon and listening to that V8 bellow is really quite the treat.

Just thought I would share that with you all. Thanks for listening/reading.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
Sounds like a great day, now I want to get outta Ontario even quicker!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks, Shawn. Love the "hooligan" reference!

Still waiting for the machine shop to finish the block and head work so I can build the engine. The car is back from the painter and looks fantastic. The interior is ready to go back in. Won't be long...

Mickey

PATR8

Jedi Knight
When I bought my 8 I planned a nice stereo w/cd to keep me amused while driving. After the 6 years the stereo has been in the car, I may have listened to it 10 times, I love the rumble of the V8, the joy of watching the Honda's with coffee can exhaust drives shake their heads as you pull away from them. Even better, when they pull up and ask what engine you have and you say V8 they shake thier head and just look.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I'm surprised that the environmentalists still allow the fireworks. The echoing noise might keep a piping plover awake a bit too late one night.