• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A few VSCCA laps at Pocono, July 2012

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Nice!

I am looking forward to the new road course they are building at Pocono....especially since it's only 90 minutes west of me. It may be ready this year.

T1 on Pocono North is one of my favourite turns anywhere. I haven't run there in a few years.

Here's a vid from my bone-stock street Miata during a C.A.R.T. track day. Most of it is from the rear cam because the front cam gave me trouble that day.
There's a goofy spin around 1:30 (when the guy in front of me spun and I had to avoid him).

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
No snow here in the NW, but still wet and too cold to put the top down....If snowed in, I'd break-out my copy of Vintage racing today and call it a bench racing weekend.

https://www.vintageracingtoday.com

OP
blueosprey90

blueosprey90

Country flag
Pretty good driving by all for a wet track.

I ran with C.A.R.T at Pocono in 2010, but they wouldn't allow the S2000, so I ran with the MGA. Roll bar issue. Same at Lime Rock. I always "win" a first place plaque with C.A.R.T. since the MGA ends up being the only car in GP.

SCDA and NASA allow the S2000 with just the stock roll hoops. The problem is that I seem to be just about as fast with the MGA.

I plan to take the S2000 to Lime Rock with NASA on March 30. Then Pocono at the end of April with the VSCCA.

Since the "racing disease" is causing me withdrawal problems, here's a photo from last year's VSCCA event.

DRI_9533.jpg

DRI_9533.jpg

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I did make it out to Elkhart Lake's and Road America last fall. I love that track, it's my new favorite. You can't argue with 4-miles of road race heaven...Lime Rock and the Glen are still on the list.

OP
blueosprey90

blueosprey90

Country flag
Enjoyed the video, Doug. When in my early 20s, I once owned a big Healey, so I am always partial to that car.

It must have been quite the haul to get to the Elkhart Lake from Portland. Did you have a contigent of cars that all went together? And a contingent of track side videographers as well? If so, it must have been quite the adventure.

Someday, if you ever get to the east coast, you should do the Lime Rock Vintage Festival on Labor Day weekend, and then make the run to Watkins Glen for the vintage festival there the following weekend. Throw in a couple of test and tune days, and you can get about 8 days of track time in two weeks!

But my favorite track is VIR. It's in a beautiful country setting, like Lime Rock, only a 3.5 mile course. I've never run the MGA at Watkins Glen, but I have tracked my S2000 there. That race course is more "industrial" with about 5 feet of Aarmco lining each side of the track. Two years ago, I was there for the vintage festival (not racing, roadster tour) and made a scouting trip into the Boot to see how the small bore cars were doing. I fear my MGA would be way underpowered there.

Logistically, I can't do both vintage weekends at present, and Lime Rock is so much less expensive for me seeing that I can sleep at home.

OP
blueosprey90

blueosprey90

Country flag
Found some more "lost video" - this time from Lime Rock. Was the first time out for all of us; and the track felt oily. Still, I should have been able to pass Jim Wood's Healey.

I think that is Michael Orrit making an brief appearance in the #82.