• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Forgive me ... I just bought a 'rumph

Scott_Hower

Luke Skywalker
My wife wanted it; was the same car (year and color) I spent my youth in. CA car, so no rust thankfully. Forgive the haircut :smile: ...

Click ---> My new Spitfire

spitfire.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Good thing I moved away when I did. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

A

aerog

Nothing wrong with that. I was looking for a Spitfire for awhile. I'd still like one...someday, I guess /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Don't feel bad, I've got my eye on a white TR7/8 coupe that's sitting forlornly in the back row of a garage/used car lot with no motor.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
tony barnhill said:
Don't feel bad, I've got my eye on a white TR7/8 coupe that's sitting forlornly in the back row of a garage/used car lot with no motor.

"Come, join us on the dark side, Tony!" /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

em754

Nothing wrong with a Triumph, I bought my wife a Spitfire 1500 just after we got married! It was a lot of fun and reliable, we toured Britain and parts of Europe without any breakdowns.

ronski

Freshman Member
I guess I dont stand alone, I am looking for a tr6 for my wife also if you have any leads let me know,I feel a little like a traitor myself

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Its not that bad guys. I've had 3 rumphs. A TR 7 convertible with an auto transmission and a couple of TR 6's. My last TR 6 had been fitted with a TR 8 engine and a 5spd. Now that was a ride!

Bugeye58

Yoda
Scott, you could have said "I just bought a Civic."
Now, that would have <u>truly</u> angered the LBC gods. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Jeff

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
My first on-the-road LBC was a 77 MGB. but I traded it for a TR4A. Now I'm back off the road, with the TR2 project. My brother has a TR6 and my dad has an MGB. We don't play brand favorites. If it's British, it's cool. I'd gladly buy an MGA or better yet a "T" series. (budget projects.. Anyone????) I'm only a rumphie cause I got a thing for the TR2-3s. And I like the torque in the TR 4 cyl. But I love a fine running MG. they just purr.
Enjoy the Spit. Feel no remorse. there is no "going to the dark side" other than good natured ribbing (at least in here)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:iagree:--- without th' icon-thingie.

Bugeye58

Yoda
I've got MG's, Little Healeys, and Triumphs currently, and no one has thumped me upside the head yet.
Probably should have, though, now that I think of it.
Jeff

R6MGS

Yoda
I've had my rumph's...and more MG's....Anything british is good with me. I love my TR6, nothing like the sound of that inline 6! I just wish I could find a TR6 as nice as my MG's.

DJThom

Jedi Hopeful
I came within an eyelash of doing it as well. Had a verbal agreement with a guy for his TR4, but he backed out after a bout of bad health...

Had to get an Elan S2 instead to console myself...

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
I used to be a big MG fan, and thought that I would always own one. That was until I went for a ride in a TR8. After 10 years without a MG, and 8 or 10 TR8's later I have another MGB, all be it a very highly modified one. I guess I still am a big MG fan - just not slow ones. Good luck with the new car. I think you'll like how easy the Spit is to work on.

Country flag
What a nice car. I had a '73 that color (and shape /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ) that I really, really enjoyed... after my '64 MGB- the MG was nice and a good introduction to LBCs; and for a while I had them both.

Its a real shame I can't have one or two of, well, practically everything....

Bret

Yoda
I can't criticize anyone who ventures beyond the MG marquee - because as many know I bought a Porsche last year. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

But while I love my 78B I've always thought that the Spits where pretty cool but I like the GTs a little bit better. Best rumfy IMHO is the TR6.