• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

elgin cams-any good?

trfourtune

Jedi Knight
hi all,
i was wondering if anyone out there has ever used an elgin cam regrind, any, and particularly a # 715-18 (for 10:1 compression)? how are they to deal with? quality? they also do custom grinds for your particular combination.
rob

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
I've used Elgin cams that came in a generic rebuild kits...no problems...and it looks like they will resurface used lifters which is a good thing...

Bruno_69z28

I've run Elgins #7010-9 cam (280 deg. duration) for over 33 years in my TR-4. He just re-ground it last year when I rebuilt the motor again. He will grind a cam to any spec. you give him and will offer you good advice. I've used his cams in over 15 different motors and have never had any problems. He also works with a lot of guys who race TR's.

Bill

JFS

Jedi Warrior
Bronze
Country flag
I too have run the Elgin 7010 cam with 280 duration in my TR3 for many years (over 20) and have had it reground recently when I rebuilt the head. I also use Cabridge high lift roller rockers for a total lift of .427. My car is a street car and has proven to be quite reliable.