• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Death in the family.

adam70

Jedi Hopeful
I was watching more coverage of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, on CNN the other day, and they showed a pic of a beautifull MGA crushed by a tree. May it rest in peace in LBC heaven until it can be restored to its former glory, and not cast off to a junk yard.

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Someone tell Randi to go rescue that car!!!!!!!!!

R

Randi

If I have to abandon ship-Maggie must stay & the Midget,too. The British Car Club in New Orleans got tore up......so sad there are many many Jags,Healeys.Triumphs,Mg's & Exotic 's that are buried at sea right now. If you don't live there-many high end neighborhoods with their reinforced garages were no match for the rising sea. If I tried to recover that beautiful car-even to high ground (God I hope after Rita) and a warm junkyard for safe keeping...I'd be shot as a LOOTER!!!Rescue remains for people and pets/I hope someone saves her from the rubbishpile & the bulldozer. Randi

Steve_S

Yoda
Randi, if the hurricane is so bad that you have to leave, then it's too bad to leave the cars. I will gladly donate to a trailer fund to get your cars to safety!

highpockets

Freshman Member
So if I understand correct,you CANNOT retreive YOUR own property ? But salvage company CAN ? Were you compensated by insurance ?Did they pay for salvage rights ? I guess I dont understand,please explain,by PM if you like. Thanks.

R

Randi

The mga in the picture is not my car so it would be illegal for me to pick it up. Even If just to keep it from being destroyed more than it is already. We actually have a junk yard for cars & trucks 70's down that saves them from the crusher-Mother Nature is her own steam roller that nothing can prevent.....as we saw in the Katrina pictures. Right now it looks like we will get rain & gusting winds but Corpus Christi is taking the hit. Thank you so much for the offer of aid guys!! If she turns it will be impossible to get the cars out-no transporter available. Our building is reinforced since last time & I've got 17 cars inside. Magggie is in the exact center. To bolster my spirits I play the route66 video!!! A California girl(old lady now) living in this weather nightmare. Randi

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
If *any* good can come of the storm, it may be that LBC's will show up in need of resurrection, for money we can actually afford: insurance companies aren't wick enuff to separate the "wheat from the chaff" in these circumstances, y'know. We're resourceful folk. Reconstructing what that industry calls a "flood damaged" car is no worse than pullin' one from a barn/building/field after it's sat for thirty/forty years. All a matter of perspective, I s'pose.

I'm certainly gonna keep MY ears open for a chance to save an LBC. I've always considered myself a "custodian" for the next owner, anyhow.

R

Randi

LOL one more storm and my nervous system will hit chronalogicly 160 like my speedometer! and Dr. you know what salt does to a car when driving on it- all the water these beauties have been submerged in is salt water. In Louisana we have stringent disclosure laws for just this reason. There can be a few more problems with water. Randi