• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Center Support for 100 Dashboard

MikeAH100M

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Am completing the interior work on my 100M. The car came with a laminated wood dash (!) but had a replacement in the spare parts (not sure if original to the car). Installed the replacement but it is able to flex a lot in the middle. I noticed in restoration guide pictures that some 100's have what looks like a capped screw in the middle of the dash, right below the rearview mirror. Is this an anchor point and, if so, to what does the crew connect?

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
The screw is connected to a black bracket that is held in place by the two screws from the dash mirror. Pete

AH100M

Jedi Trainee
Do you have the bracket that also holds the choke cable in place? It contributes a lot of support to the dash as well.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Although mine is a BJ7 These pics might give you some ideas. One shows the back of my dash before I restored it. To the right of the choke you can see the hole which had no screw in it and the dash was covered with black vinyl. Another pic shows the front of the dash and the hole is covered with the vinyl. Yet there is a bracket that lines up with the hole. after I restored the dash I decided to fasten the bracket via the hole and used a cap screw that I covered with a black cap. It looks like another black knob. I found the whole situation kind of odd because the hole is too big for one of the smaller stainless or chrome phillips head screws. I hope the pics come thru.

Attachments

• DSCF2029.JPG
    DSCF2029.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF2041.JPG
    DSCF2041.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF2067.JPG
    DSCF2067.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 91

simon1966

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
On my RHD there is a long bracket that comes off the firewall in the center that connects to the bottom center of the dash. I can grab a shot or two of it if you like? It is the choke cable mount as mentioned in the earlier post. You can see it in this photo

OP
MikeAH100M

MikeAH100M

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thanks for the comments and pics. Yes, I have the support bracket for the choke in place. I am missing the black bracket held in place by the rearview mirror screws that Pete mentioned. There is just a flat plate under the mirror that looks very non-original (tried to enclose a picture but could not get it to upload) Anyone know a source for that or what the bracket looks like? Looked through Moss and don't see anything that looks like it.

OP
MikeAH100M

MikeAH100M

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Thanks! I thought I looked everywhere on Moss. Part#37 is still there so I'm good.

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
IMG_2250.jpgThis shows how minor changes occur during production. My '54 BN1 has a dash support bracket that is welded to the underside of the scuttle. In Simon1966's photo you can see the bracket supporting the bonnet (hood) release rod. The rod is missing but the rubber grommet is still there. On my car, that bracket & the dash support bracket are part of the same component. The front part supports the dash and the rear supports the hood (bonnet) release. I hope you can see it in my photo.

Last edited: