• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bugeye front bumper wanted

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
OK.....I buggered up my front bumper several months ago while transporting my Bugeye after the clutch and axle let go. I asked back then and had someone offer me one, but I decided to spend the money I had on getting the parts to actually fix it. Now I have the clutch and axle repaired and am ready to put her back on the road. I just need a new front bumper!

It doesn't need to be show quality, just no dents or dings. The chrome doesn't have to be perfect either, just not completely ugly.

Does anyone have one for sale?? How much? Please LMK!

OP
mrsprite

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
BUMP!

Still looking for a decent front bumper. I've been checking out eBay, but nothing so far.

The Bugeye is back on the road and just needs a bumper! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Country flag
I have one that I do not intend on using, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Now... if either of you want to offer me a ludicrously large sum of money for it then I might become 100% sure. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

OP
mrsprite

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Trevor Jessie said:
I have one that I do not intend on using, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Now... if either of you want to offer me a ludicrously large sum of money for it then I might become 100% sure. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

How ludicrous?? PM me and we'll talk.

Mike

Country flag
Nooo.... that isn't the way it works. You send me a PM with a ludicrously large offer. It won't insult me. I'll laugh either way. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Trevor:

How about a description of the shape, why ya stringing him along. 13,000 Lire is my final offer.

Pat

OP
mrsprite

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Trevor Jessie said:
Nooo.... that isn't the way it works. You send me a PM with a ludicrously large offer. It won't insult me. I'll laugh either way. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ahhh....so *that's* how it is, eh? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I want to send you a PM, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to do it. I know I've done it before, but I can't figure it out now.

Help!!

Country flag
Ya know... like most of my spare parts, I can never remember the condition until I drag them out and clean them up. I'm certain it is not show quality, but I do not know about pits and dings.

Geeesh, now you've got me curious. Maybe I'll dig it out tonight and clean it just for giggles.

OP
mrsprite

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Well.....13000 Lira is about $9.53. I will offer $10 even. Such a deal for both of us! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I would be interested in condition and maybe a few pics too. I'm assuming that this is an original bumper and not a repro......right? LMK.....I'm still trying to figure out the PM thing, so bear with me.

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Click on his name to the left and then send a pm.

Country flag
The bumper in your avatar looks shiny to me. What's wrong with it?

OP
mrsprite

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Trevor Jessie said:
The bumper in your avatar looks shiny to me. What's wrong with it?

Oh it's still nice and shiny alright. Unfortunately, the passenger side now resembles a pretzel!

I was towing it a few months ago and when we went to unload the car one of the ramps slipped as it was rolling back and it dropped about a foot to the ground. The right side of the bumper caught the edge of the trailer and ripped it apart.

Anyway.....it is bent up pretty bad and not useable. I believe it would cost more to fix than just buying another one.

DougBug60

Freshman Member
Why stop at a million? Anyone who truly wants a bumper for a Bugeye would likely pay much more lol.
I took mine off in 1985 when I brought it home. Then I practiced keeping a straight face in the event of explaining to the police officer that they were optional equipment in those days. Doug

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
DougBug60 said:
Why stop at a million? Anyone who truly wants a bumper for a Bugeye would likely pay much more lol.
I took mine off in 1985 when I brought it home. Then I practiced keeping a straight face in the event of explaining to the police officer that they were optional equipment in those days. Doug

Doug that is a good one, I wish that is all I would have to explain /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Pat