• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bit more progress tonight, nearly there

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Spent a bit of time out in the garage after dinner tonight, and got a few more things done. Got the steering rack lubed and the suspension bolts all checked over, then did another round of brake bleeding. I also adjusted the pedals a bit -- I realized I had never really gotten things finished when I put the pedal cluster in, so that helped quite a bit. I think I've got a better pedal feel now, but hard to tell without the car moving. Might have to annoy the neighbors tomorrow and do a little drive around after work.

I've got a few small leaks to solve, but otherwise we're just an exhaust system away from getting back on the road. Weather isn't looking good for the rest of the week, so probably next week for the exhaust. I'd guess we'll be driving for real some time in early May at the latest.

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
ohhh so close !
the best gift is right around the corner - Drive that thing !!!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I've got lots of scotch in the cupboard so, keep us posted!

Morris

Yoda
My wife has suddenly taken an interest in Scotch. No more Johnny Walker Red for me, baby! I got a fine oak aged McCallen sitting in the side board just waiting for the penultimate Vroom post. Bring it!

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I discovered whiskey last summer -- looking for something I could bring camping off my motorcycle, as a cooler of beer just doesn't travel well on a bike. I've since discovered that a fine single malt Scotch is my favorite. It figures that I'd have expensive taste in beverages.
grin.gif

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
drooartz said:
I discovered whiskey last summer -- looking for something I could bring camping off my motorcycle, as a cooler of beer just doesn't travel well on a bike. I've since discovered that a fine single malt Scotch is my favorite. It figures that I'd have expensive taste in beverages.
grin.gif

might as well go for the best! I have 4 or 5 bottles in the cupboard right now, plus some Makers Mark Bourbon. also a tasty concoction

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
Sometimes I wonder if I've strayed into a Whisky Forum. :jester:
But I don't mind at all. :thumbsup: Try "Cragganmore",it's one of my favourites.

Now Drew,keep up the good work on the Tunebug,and reserve the whisky for the "VROOOM,VROOOM DAY." :devilgrin: :jester:

Stuart. :cheers:

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
JPSmit said:
might as well go for the best! I have 4 or 5 bottles in the cupboard right now, plus some Makers Mark Bourbon. also a tasty concoction
Another favorite, along with Woodford Reserve -- though the old Jim Beam is more to my financial level.

ecurie_ecosse said:
Try "Cragganmore", it's one of my favourites.
I've added it to my list of things to try. It's been a fun exploration over the last year to learn about these different drinks. Helps keep the edge off of auto restoration stress, as well.
grin.gif

And the good stuff stays in the cupboard for the special occasions -- AFTER the driving always.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
JPSmit said:
drooartz said:
grin.gif

I'm an old turkey kind of guy myself, but friend gave me this
bottle recently. I often wind up with this fine concoction at a bar. Tasty stuff. On the rocks but more often than not neat.
REAL celebrations 'round about here requires the help of corn.

Cheers Dude. Well deserved. Bottoms up! :cheers:

:devilgrin:

Attachments

• 21071.jpg
    21071.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 185
Country flag
The guy behind the revival of Maker's Mark is a genius. Good stuff in the new style. Woodford Reserve is good stuff in the old style.

Morris

Yoda
You guys should give Bulliett Bourbon a try if you have not already. I have managed to get all my local fiends addicted to the stuff. It's the house pour at most of their homes.

Country flag
George Who? That's TN hillbilly mash aka whiskey

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'm in a rut... my "hard" drink of choice is Walker Black. Rocks or neat. That'll be what Drew's toast from here will have as offering.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Suggestions duly noted -- always on the prowl for more things to try. A real I'm-grown-up moment last summer was discussing Bourbons with my mother, then bringing a bottle of Woodford Reserve with me for Xmas and sharing a glass with her.

Doc, Walker Black was the first good Scotch I had, and started me on the path. Fine stuff.

NardisCNC

All the above are great choices!! I'm enjoying a fine glass of Corner Creek bourbon on the rocks as we speak (type) now. HIGHLY recommended, and a very reasonable price too. I bought a 1.75 a few weeks ago for less than 40 bucks.

Something I've been wanting to do for a while now is take 2 or 3 days and drive the entire Bourbon Trail, touring all of the distilleries, and carving all of the beautiful hilly back roads of KY via LBC's. 90% or more of the bourbon in the world comes from within a few our drive in central Kentucky.

https://kybourbontrail.com/index.php/guide/

I think there may even be some more distilleries in the area not on this map.... Who's in?

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Were I closer...

My mom's talked about doing that tour. She's a life-long Bourbon drinker. And to think, I used to call it lighter fluid...

Country flag
The Bluegrass Healey club usually hits a few during their SpringThing event. Our local car club did the Labrott Graham (Woodford Reserve) tour a few years ago. But if you decide to organize a tour, I'll certainly try to free up the time to go.

Morris

Yoda
I don't think I am responsible enough to do a whiskey distillery DRIVE. I may be able to navigate for the first two stops. After that all bets are off.