• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

An open apology

G

It has come to my attention that some memebers may have misunderstood my intent on some posts. It would appear that I may have offended some board memebers by the manner of my replies.

I would like to remedy this unfortunate situation.

I write like I speak, and I speak like I think, which could best be decribed by the following smiley: :pukeface: (joke)

I attempt to color imformation and dialog with humor, which comes out well with spoken word. I am, however; not so skillful at conveying this with print. (and I really don't follow proper MLA format either)

I do my best to infect my humorous southern Louisiana cultural tone, but it would seem that I am unsucessful and possible appear: boastful, arrogant, dismissive or otherwise ____________.
(fill in whatever you may think is approproate)

(DISCLAIMER: o.k, I do brag on my wife, but not because she's "mine", but rather because of the wonderful person she is. She truley is the best person I've ever met. I take every opportuninty to sing her praises.(like this one) I'm sure there are others here who feel the same way about their spouse. When it comes to her, all bets are off. As I stated before, I don't deserve anything that I have.)

I can whole heartedly assure eveyone that it wasn't, isn't, nor ever will be my intent to insult or offend anyone, either here or anywhere else. That's not who I am or what I'm about.

I strive daily to be as friendly and helpful to everyone possible and there is very little I wouldn't do to help someone. ( that is, after all, standard southern protocol)

I have attempted to convey my thoughts in a more formal fashion, but that's not my style. I felt as if I was putting on a front by doing so, and not being true to myself. (saying stuff like "spoken word" and "attepted to convey" above, read: "talk" and "tried to present").

I can do it, but I feel as if I'm wearing a shirt that's too tight. (I'm sure some writers here may understand this.)

All this being said (I do say that), I deepy apologize if I have stepped on anyones toes.

So, if at some point in the furture someone thinks that I'm being ugly or rude, there is probably a joke in there somewhere or I was unsucessful at conveying what I truly meant. I would like to consider myself a southen gentlemen, but there's nothing "gentle" about me. heck, I probably didn't even spell it right. (joke)

Thank you Gentlemen for your time.

Sincerly, Billy

p.s: if y'all dun't mynd havin' a suthrin' boya 'round, eye recon eye prommiss mihha dawg won't trak tu mutch dirt in 'ere. :cowboy:

58Custom

Jedi Warrior
I am offended by your above post. I am also offended by the emoticons.

I am offended by the advancement of the hair in my ears. WTF is up with that?

I am offended that I have not been offended in the last five minutes.

I'm offended by lite beer.

Kellysguy, you familiar with Natchitoches meat pies? I am not offended by those.

The white space between the sentences offends me. Not so much now, though. I think I am over that one.

I just emitted an offensive odor. Just giving fair warning.

My inability to focus on one engine option for my future Midget rebuild is not offensive to me, but it is frustrating a little bit.

Moving on...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
58Custom said:
Kellysguy, you familiar with Natchitoches meat pies? I am not offended by those.

Nor Zwolle tamales!

OP
G

+1 on ear hair and lite beer! (although I don't drink anymore)

Natchitoches meat pies rock !!!! Haven't had one in years. The crawfish pies are better depending on who made them.

Mom never made crawfish pies as they didn't last long enough to reach that stage. Now she does make a killer crawfish bisque, but it takes 5-7 days to make and she only does it once a year cause of the work involved. It is REALLY good !!! it's such a big deal when she makes it that it was actually a aniversary present this year for our 5th.

p.s: you HAVE been offended in the last five minutes...... and I'm offended at the word emoticon.

Now I hope you boys realize y'all talkin' 'bout yankee food, as that's NORTH Louisiana. Next thing south of me is the Gulf of Mexico and on 8/29/05 my folks lived in it !!!!

lbc_newbie

Jedi Warrior
I saw this thread while making Empanadas in the kitchen with my wife (did I mention how lovely she is?), drinking my Lite Beer, and plucking the hair outta my ear (the secret ingredient). I had to know what Natchitoches meat pies were so I looked them up. Lo and behold, they are the same darn thing I was born and raised on. My Puerto Rican Grandmother made these for the family, now I carry on the tradition.

As far as your etiquette on the forum kellysguy, I don't care what you say, how you come across, how you speak, where you're from, or what you look like..... as long as you help me fix my car! (that wasn't to harsh, was it??)

Hang in there, man. I appreciate you.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Waitaminnit. Now ~I'm~ offended...

It's MY job 'round here to tick people off.

Built me stellar reputation on it.

Get off my patch, Billy.

Morris

Yoda
Kelley's guy,

I feel like I should print out what you wrote, put it on a shirt and wear it every day.

And woe be unto you if you drink lite beer... unless it is free.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Awright, Morris... My CAB of choice is "light".

Th' fight's ON, bub. :smirk: :jester:

RichBall

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I'm offended by your offensiveness

bloom_offensensitivity.jpg

Rich Ball
'76 Midget
Everett, Wa

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
DrEntropy said:

There's no such thing as light beer. There is beer, and there is water in a can. :devilgrin:

tao724

Jedi Trainee
Kellysguy,
Who'd evah bee offended by y'all just maht be missin de point alltogeder!
Givem a Poh-boy to fill dare belly, a cajun queen to teach dem bout lyif, a few pralines to shows em we still like em, and if they still wants to acks like a coonass, gimme der names an address and i send all mah wifes people from the bay-ouh and the big city, Pascagula to visits for ah while ( I'll even ask them to leave the No-see-em's at home) , till they maht-maybe learns you oneah deh nahsist fellers on deh board.

(Its extraordinary how perception of personal integrety and cultural bias or ramifications of such, can allude a posit that circumvents actual interpersonal contingence, yet admeasure a pithy posture of censorious contempt apon a nonpareil ilk.)

Please continue to "write like you speak, and speak like you think"! The diversity of the people who post, ads a tremendous color and flavor to the thing that brings us all together, LBC's! We all think, talk, and write differently, sociologically our similarities are great and our differences are vast. Its often easy to see through the words and meaning of persons who have ill feelings or hard ideas about certain topics and situations, your words have never conveyed that. The benefits of open mindedness and applied understanding are never ending. We all get an appreciation different from our daily routine and daily exposure, by virtue of the people who post. I love the fact that you love your wife, I love the fact that you love Spridgets. I love the fact that so much personality comes through so many individuals in the way they respond and approach a comment. I love the fact that people who are experts in their hobby and jobs take the time to respond to these threads, to what must seem to them to be very simple and silly questions a lot of the time. I love the fact that people without automechanical backgrounds can pursue a hobby like this because of sites like this, and responses like yours.

I vote: "not offended"

If you want to know what is offensive;......I'm having a bottle of St. Pauli N.A. right now.
Cheers,
Mike

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
K: are you

Opinionated - Yes
Offensive _ No
Answers to questions a little sharp _ Maybe

But the reply I remember most (which probably started this) was, IMHO, an honest appraisal of the question asked, not an attack on the one asking said question.

Hope no one will take offense at this reply, as none was intended.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
drooartz said:
DrEntropy said:

There's no such thing as light beer. There is beer, and there is water in a can. :devilgrin:

As an aside, y'all live in the USofA - from up here it's all lite beer :cheers: :jester:

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Kellysguy-
Give 'em H--l and da-n the torpedoes!!
Without a little honest opinion this world would be pretty boring!
Keep it up
BillM

64rocksprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Agreed.
When you ask for opinions, expect different ones..expect a wide variety, expect some you maybe didn't want to hear.. If you're really seeking options, you need to be open to all of them. It helps to see other perspectives.

I've enjoyed your posts KellysGuy..hope you plan to stick around.

OP
G

I'm offended that no one's been offended since yesterday morning.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Short term memory issue.

OP
G

DrEntropy said:
Short term memory issue.

Tell me about it !!! My memeory has gotten so bad in the last 5 years. (ever since I got married.)

I don't have to remeber anything anymore as Kelly remebers EVERYTHING !!!

If I lose something and give her a very vague and brief description of it, she knows right where it's at, even if she doesn't know WHAT it is !

You have to keep in mind we live on four acres and have two out buildings, anywhere from 5-15 cars at a time. Things get left in vehicles and in the middle of the yard. It doesn't matter where it is, she knows it's there. It's kinda spooky. I got use to it and just stopped trying to remember cause she knew.

What were we talking about again?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Billy said:
It doesn't matter where it is, she knows it's there. It's kinda spooky. I got use to it and just stopped trying to remember cause she knew.

hmm.... must be a gender thing. Horsemits' "filing method" is just PILES of paper to me, yet she can be asked for some old file/document/note and produce it like it were flagged with a neon marker.

Like you, I've given up. And been with Her for thirty years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] What were we talking about again? [/QUOTE]

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt">RUTABAGA!!!</span></span></span>

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

GaryBeu

Banned
Both of you guys just described MY wife!! :smile: Carla knows where EVERYTHING is. I've never been able to find anything...my Mama used to say "Gary if that were a snake, it would have bitten you".