• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGC Wrecked MGC-GT

mattmacklind3

Jedi Hopeful
I don't know, I wouldn't hesitate to file (a lawsuit) after going through the hoops and making sure the offer for the total will be insufficient, but I'm sure your atty. has it well in hand.

I've been reading this post and it makes me sick. I use USAA for some things but have never used thier insurance. I've talked to them about various types of insurance (car/home) and they have always rubbed me wrong and quoted me high, and I have a terrific driving record. In theory, they are supposed to be low risk insurers offering lower rates as they tend to insure a safe crowd. In practice it sounds like maybe they save money by skimping on valid claims.

This post makes me not want to drive my car! And I feel very badly for you. That is a very special car and irreplaceable.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I just don't understand it, I have used USAA for everything for over 45 years and have never had an unpleasant moment, none.

Jack you keep getting the bad apples. Call and ask for a senior rep again and lay it all out. That adjuster from what you said was not capable of doing a restored car much less a clasic car. Tell em so. Not a lot to loose at this point but be your professional best and have all the data in front of you.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
When this guy showed up I had all the figures ready for him,gave him a tour of the car as far as he damage and what had been done. Nothing had been touched except I had loosened the clamps on both sides of the rack so it could be inspected. Wasn't hiding anything. It had that great "new car smell" and I thought things were going fine. Later when I called USAA, was given a name and number of a supervisor...got the same recordingPush one...push two blah...blah..got a regular adjustor?? asked for this David and got ZIP..Another lady said "just ecause you didn't like him...blah blah! Thats when I started getting frustrated. I have a 16 yr. old junkyard dog that I've had since he was six weeks old. He loves everybody...then I noticed he wouldn't even give this guy his usual hello leg hump...should have figured something was wrong right then:>...anyhow, my wife and I are heading out for four days in our motorhome. Got the sat. sys. all ready, have her bug vert. serviced and ready to hook behind it and put the shop, car and customersbehind us for a while and make a clean fresh start next week.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don't give up, you are owed.

Joe Reed

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My next call would be to file a complaint with the state department of insurance. His statement that "they probably won't cover that stuff" is totally out of line. I don't see that they have a choice...their insured damaged those parts...they have top make you whole. The sooner you get a complaint lodged with the department of insurance, the sooner the company will want to get this settled.

Companies HATE to have to deal with consumer complaints to their regulators....

twigworker

Jedi Trainee
How about this?

Get the emails of everyone you have spoken to and can get from that company and post them here. We in turn can compose our own letters stating why we are either going to cancel our insurance with them or how we were intending to go with them but now our faith in their company is being compromised by the handling of this situation. A couple of dozen, perhaps more, emails coming in all at once might get someones attention.

I, like so many of you, have had some really poor experience with insurance companies. The only thing that keeps them any where near honest is the State Insurance Commissioner. I had and still have a very close friend who was a Golden Boy with Prudential and I heard all the dirt about insurance companies as he was climbing the corporate ladder. The truth is that insurance companies are nothing more than regulated gambling operations. Decisions are made at the highest levels in an absolutely sloppy and capricious way. The idea is to generate lots of cash flow, keep the plates spinning and invest the living fool out of what ever is legal to skim. The underlings, and that means anyone from the second tier on down are completely expendable and are treated with contempt when they are seen to be not needed. I don't mean to cast disparaging remarks on the everyday agent but the structure of all of the companies is similar to pond scum. I feel your pain Jack. Fight the good fight as long as you can but expect to walk away with a pretty sour taste in your mouth toward these B******S when it is all said and done. :-( Jack

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Guys, before we go off the deep end, think I need to close this thread.